Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Washi Tape!

The latest Embellish Challenge (details  here ) is  up and I was eager to play! The challenge is to Create a card, layout, or altered item using tape and using the color palette showcased in the inspirational graphic above.
Lately I have been playing with Washi tape that Hero Arts Flickr friend Janet sent me. When Janet found out  (through the Hero Arts Flickr discussion thread ) that we do not have Target stores here in Canada, she kindly offered to send me some Washi tape! I was THRILLED when the washi tape came in the mail and I have been playing with them since!  I made a flower with the Washi tape and stamped the background in Envelope Pattern and Sew Artsy. The flower stems are from Real Flowers.As for the colors of the pearls? I just colored the white ones with copic markers
laugh a little
I rarely used this sentiment from Type, I believe it may have been the first time. I decided to ink it up with two colors as they help "make the statement"! I did have a lot of fun making this candy-like flower. For some odd reason, I added clear Stickles for the glittery effect after completing the entire card.  Sometimes a thought can come out of nowhere like that! I think the little glittery center, buttons and pearls give the card the "oomph" factor! 
 Indeed, life is better when you laugh a little! I hope your day is full of love and laughter!

37 comments:

Laura B. said...

I love this washi tape flower!! Fabulous card!

Trinh said...

I haven't had a chance to go to Target but your pretty makes me want to go now. Love that flower!

Heather said...

Oh wow! I love your washi tape flower Virginia! So clever. Your card is beautiful!

Kara Lynne said...

This is such a great idea! I love how you made that flower, and that little matching flower button works so well with it.

Wida said...

This whimsical card reminds me of the state fair, so fun! I would have ended up with a sticky ball if I tried to make a washi flower!

Bethany said...

Very creative to make a flower from the washi tape Virginia! Your card is pretty!

Annette said...

wow totally love this...

Barb said...

I totally agree! Laughter makes life better, easier and much more fun! I LOVE your Washi tape flower, V! It is adorable! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia all your cards have "oomph"!!! This is no exception!

joy said...

Love that you used two colors for the sentiment and using the tape to make the flower is brilliant, Virginia! Great little card!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card!! I LOVE the flower with the added touch of the stamping!! So creative!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is a very pretty tape and making a flower with tape is way cool. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your washi tape flower is so cute! I love the different colors in the sentiment too. Now I want to go to Target for some washi tape. haha! Good luck with the challenge!

Katarina said...

Clever use of the washi, I would never have thought of that. i have a few rolls of washi but haven't gotten around to using it much.

Lindsey said...

Awesome washi tape flower! And you can't go wrong adding some stickle sparkle. ;) Such a pretty card, Virginia!

cnelson said...

Darling card!! Love that washing tape flower!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is so so so pretty. Can you believe I don't have any washi tape???? Lol

Maureen Morton said...

Very big oomph, Virginia! Your use of the tape is so creative - it still intimidates me. All came together so darn cute!

Clare said...

LOVE it Virginia! That washi tape flower looks awesome there and makes me want to give it a go - will have to check out my local Target!

Lynn said...

You are so amazing with how you use your supplies Virginia...so creative and fabulous!

yyam said...

Oooh...this is sooooo pretty! Love your washi-tape bloom! Such a happy card!:)

Linda R said...

I really need to get me some of that tape.. It is so cool. And I have a target right up the street. Your card is so pretty! makes me smile my friend..

Hugs~

Alice Wertz said...

your washi tape flower is so cute, Virginia! such a fun and delightful card!

stamplover2011 said...

Love your washi tape flower!!! Such a cute card!!

Cindy C. said...

Washi tape flower so cute!!!

papertrails leaver said...

Washi love for this Virginia! I am eager to try the tape flower myself but still a little scared! Brilliant use of the item and inspiring!

Vic Lau said...

What a creative way to use Washi Tape! I remember going to a Target store in London, Ontario if you're out that way but I don't remember seeing any Washi Tape there. There are some at Deserres art/craft store which has a few locations in Toronto. What part of Ontario are you from?

Karen B. said...

Stunning flower! Can you grow some like these in real life for me?

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Fabulous flower Virginia! Great use of Washi tape too - you made me want to try!
Hugs, Karin

Simone said...

This is so pretty! I love that washi flower!

Dawn said...

very sweet Virginia. Your flower is delightful

Dotchie said...

Love that flower--a total scene stealer.

Brenda said...

The flower is so eye catching...I think it's time I try to get my hands on some washi tape.

Brenda said...

Beautiful Virginia! I really love your flower!

sanketi said...

This is so beautiful!

Lisa Arana said...

so, so sweet!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love that you can write about something that everybody else is writing about, but put a completely new spin on it. Nice job!!