Thursday, June 14, 2012

His/Her Cards (take 2)

When I made the first set of his and her cards ( see here ). I was not completely satisfied. So I came up with another take with a different stamp/diecut.
Again, I am Playing along with the Gallery Idol with the latest challenge. It is to use the same product (elements/supply/stamp/etc) to create a masculine and feminine card. (examples can be found in May/June issue of Paper Crafts, P. 57)

I am using this set from Hero Arts called Bold Pop Designs
I chose the largest flower shape for both cards.
his/her cards
For the masculine card, I make the flower look like a sun and added some stamped clouds with masking. I also stamped the sentiment in two parts in the clouds. 
 just saying hello
 And for the Feminine card, I stamped the card based on the sketch (see  sketch on the right)
I used a bit of kissing technique for the orange flower on the right ( it has some faint scriptures)
 THANK YOU
This is the fun part about having these versatile stamps. They really can be anything that you want them to be. Just pay them a little attention. You will see the many possibilities that you didn't even think it existed before!

Thank you for stopping by!

22 comments:

Annette said...

Love how you used this stamps set...these are fabulous..

Barb said...

Another awesome pair of cards, V! Wonderful masking and use of the kissing technique! Sounds like you had such fun creating these - love them both! :)

Laura B. said...

Wow! Fabulous masking and kissing!

Dawn said...

awesome cards Virginia. Saw them over on Flickr. Loved the kissed flower.

Jeanette M. said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia! I really like the kissed flower - looks beautiful. I recently bought this stamp set - thanks for the inspiration!

~amy~ said...

so very fun! Love them both and love the punch out for the twine...I'm going to have to remember that!

Sheila H said...

The kissed flower is so cool - what a great idea. Thanks so much for these lessons; I would love to see more!

Brenda said...

Virginia, you are too hard on yourself! Your first set of his/her cards were PERFECT! But, I am glad to see what you came up with with the stamps! Lovely cards!

Lin said...

Such a good idea, playing along with Gallery Idol.....practice for next year!

Kara Lynne said...

Love how you used that stamp for both cards. The flower with the kissing technique just popped right out to me. Love the sentiment in the clouds too!

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards, love that you are playing along. Love the one on the left the most! And Congratulations on being Moxie Fabulous this week! Loved reading more about you.

cnelson said...

FANTABULOUS! Great use of the stamp sets!

alexandra s.m. said...

So pretty and so interesting!
Now I want to buy them all ;-)

lol

it's true though!

Cathy A said...

Wow you reall have shown how versatile these stamps can be, great guards Virginia

Karen B. said...

What a fun idea, and two perfect cards!

Anita Rex said...

Love it Virginia! I like how you used this stamp set! You mastered both feminine and masculine!

Mirta Sanchez said...

Yeah, I totally agree, I love using a stamps "intended" purpose with a little twist! Very cute, love the kissed flower!

Lalo said...

So cool! I like seeing stamps used in different ways. I love the stamp kissed female card but that sun one is just too cool!

Bethany said...

I love the second card Virginia! So pretty! The colors are gorgeous and I love the gems! The baker's twine on the first card looks wonderful too, and great masking!

Nona said...

Congrats on the HA tweet! Woot! I am totally loving your his and hers cards, Virginia. Beautiful take on the sketch for the feminine card. And I absolutely adore how you used the flower as a sun on the masculine card. So darn brilliant! :)

Alice Wertz said...

love how you have been using this set. such fun and delightful cards!

Lisa Arana said...

oh how sweet and fun. love the great too takes again. you are brilliant!