Friday, September 28, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #72

Hello, friends! Today is another edition of CAS-ual Fridays! This one is like NO other! Why, you ask? Because the theme is SO fun and so YOU!!  The challenge is to create a CAS project based on.... your own blog header!  
No blog? No problem! You can use the CAS-ual Friday's blog header !
Our sponsor: A Muse Studio
 How cool is that!? Well, for me, it is a bit of a challenge, as you can see. I almost felt stumped that I wanted to change my blog header (LOL)!! BUT this design came through and so I will just go with it!
YES U CAN
Stamps: Little Tangles (Neat and Tangles),  heart stamp ( Hero Arts).
Sentiment: Alphabet Stickers by Making Memories, Accessories: Liquid Pearl Dimensional Glue

About this card: I embossed Tangles in white and attached the stamped heart (with droplets of Liquid Pearl) with pop dots. Add the stickers! 

About my Blog header (in case you are curious):  my daughter Stephanie is an avid photographer. About two years ago, she wanted to take photos of Scrabbles for practice purpose. I asked her to spell out my blog name and this was the picture. I have used it ever since! Quite a few blog friends told me that they like it! So thank you, Stephanie!

Please link up your CAS project to CAS-ual Fridays by noon, Thursday,  October 4, Eastern Time. I can't wait to check out your blog and project! Thanks so much for stopping by!

36 comments:

Julie Day said...

Perfect representation! Love your label sentiment. This challenge really makes you take another look at blog headers! :)

Laura B. said...

How fun! I've always loved your blog header! What a great challenge idea!

Gayatri said...

Great interpretation of your header, Virginia! Love how you picked not just the colours and elements but also the layout.

Barb said...

I've ALWAYS loved your blog header, Virginia, and your card is brilliant! So clever, so creative and so much fun! :)

Rose said...

awesome!!!! and i love your blog header :)
lets see mine has a cat on it so should be an easy challenge,eh? lol

Brenda said...

You nailed this challenge! Love your card and your sentiment and this is such a clever challenge.

Dawn said...

gorgeous Virginia. Great inspiration from Stephanie's photo/

Jackie Rockwell said...

I've been wanting to change my blog header for a while now! This challenge really makes you think. Love your take on this challenge. The white chevron lines on red are GREAT!

Lynn said...

Ahh...this is perfection! Love, love, love it!!

Brenda said...

I think that is fantastic Virginia!

Sheila H said...

I've always liked your blog header. Your card is a wonderful interpretation.

Karen said...

just a great card Virginia...
Your daughter is very talented for sure.

Linda R said...

What a fun challenge.. I love your card. And your blog header..

Hugs~

Marlena M. said...

I've always loved your header~fantastic interpretation Virginia!

Joan V said...

Love your card and your header.

BabyBokChoy said...

simple and stunning!

Annette said...

love those chevrons and love how you did the sentiment..great card

sandie said...

love it, and this challenge is so interesting, checking out the headers and the inspiration people are getting from it x

MarcyK924 said...

BRILLIANT, V!! What a fabulous interpretation of your header! Your sentiment is so perfectly placed and I LOVE it! XOXO

Nancy K said...

I love your banner and I'm so glad you didn't change it. Stephanie's photography is brilliant!
Loving your card, such a creative design take off from your blog name.

Mirta Sanchez said...

Fantastic remake of your blog header VL, really love it! Very cool challenge, let's see if my mojo returns in time to join in!

Cat Craig said...

Great match to your header!

Karen B. said...

Great card design, Virginia, a really neat play on the header.

Kathy Martin said...

Great CAS design! :)

donna mikasa said...

Oh, please don't change your blog header, Virginia! I love it and it's "you". By all means thank Stephanie because it's just perfect and original--and so is your card!

Ardyth said...

Great take on your blog header! What a fun challenge - whoever thought this one up should get a raise! lol!

Sue McRae said...

Your card is just as fun as your header, great take on the challenge!

Karen from MI said...

Oh Virginia, I LOVE your card!!! It's PERFECT for a take on your blog header.....now guess what? I have been THINKING and THINKING about your header and hoping that you NEVER change it.....I've seen so many "up-grade" their headers and yours is just SO YOU!!! GREAT JOB!! :) xo

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your unique blog header Virginia and the card based on it is fabulous!

Debstamps said...

You're too funny Virgina! If I was you I'd have gone straight to a Santa/holiday card...just sayin'! I love what you finally did though!

Julie Hoffman said...

I always wondered how you created your blog header - it's very cool! I love how you used the color scheme and tile theme from your banner to create a fresh and Fun card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun...

Anni said...

What a beautiful card! Love the red and that you were inspired by your own blog header!
Vielen Dank für´s Mitmachen bei "Annis Herausforderung"!
Hugs, Anni

Cindy C. said...

What a charming card you've got here Virginia!

Christina said...

Yes, your blog header is fantastic and so incredibly unique! I love how you were inspired by it on your card, especially with the letter stickers. Such a fun card!

Alice Wertz said...

very cool! love the sticker (?) sentiment and the design is sooo cute and fab! love this!