Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Embellish Challenge--Paint!

The latest Embellish challenge has me inspired!
  I love the subtle colors...they are so sophisticated. The element of paint has my interest peaked! But...how to go about it? No idea! The other day I was looking though my piles on craft desk and realized that I haven't made a layout for ages. I have always wanted to make a page for my nephew Stephen and his wife Grace...but I never got to. This color challenge sort of gave me a push to make a layout for this almost one-year old photo!

Without further ado, I present you..."The Great Expectation"
Great Expectation
About this page:
~Stephen and Grace were expecting their first child 
~Images: The little bike is from Joy Rides, the house Right At Home by Hero Arts 
~Definition of fatherhood and motherhood (around the borders) and sentiment: SRM Stickers 
~Paint: Acrylic Paint Dabber by Rangers

It is a lot more work making a layout than a card. I am not going to deny that! But it is very satisfying to see a page coming to life! I can't wait to make layout for their baby! I'll keep you guessing whether they had a boy or girl! Till then!

PS: If you can't get enough of hexagons miss seeing card with Happy Hexagons today, please scroll down or click here.

30 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Virginia, I love it when you share layouts! This is such a sweet layout/gift and so you! Great use of stamps, they are so well incorporated into the layout. Love the dimension and the paint and LOVE those stickers around the edges!

Cindy C. said...

I think you did a fabulous job on this layout Virginia!

Jeanette M. said...

Wonderful layout, Virginia!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I LOVE it!!! So beautifully done and nice touch with the paint!

~amy~ said...

Your layout is fabulous...love what you've done. Looking forward to seeing more layouts by you:)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic layout Virginia!

Annette said...

Girl you can do it all...this layout is stunning...so inspiring and sweet.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love all the creativity in this layout! Inspiring!

Rochelle said...

I just love everything you make! This is a really nice LO!

Laura B. said...

Such a cute page! Love the paint, the border and the tiny bicycle.

Lynn said...

Oh how wonderful Virginia! Gorgeous layout.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh Virginia, I LOVE your layout!!! There are so many interesting things going on, yet it's still nice and clean and the focus is on the picture as it should be. Just love this!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, fabulous layout Virginia! You've combined so many great elements together on this page, love the carefree swoosh of green paint!

Lin said...

I LOVE this, Virginia - wonderful take on this challenge - wishing you luck!

Sheila H said...

You showcased that lovely photo beautifully, Virginia. I love the hexagons and the stickers!

Barb said...

I can tell a lot of thought and love went into creating this fabulous page! Love every detail, V! :)

Ryann Salamon said...

Virginia, I LOVE your LO! Wowzers!!!

Brenda said...

Oh yes, I thought that making a card took me ages, but making a LO, well, that could take me years in some cases! :) This is a precious LO and I love the paint treatment!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous background stamping and love love all the details!!! such a thoughtful layout. love it and they'll definitely treasure it, too!

Dawn said...

What a lovely LO. Just beautifully done with all the wonderful colours and splashes of paint.

Mary said...

Very pretty layout...

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia this layout is amazing!! Love all the artsy elements that are incorporated into this design!

lenny said...

Wow! Fabulous LO!!

Marlena M. said...

I love the happy hexagons here Virginia! Awesome layout and pic~

Linda said...

fabulous layout, Virginia! Love all the hexagons and the subtle colors!

Rose said...

this is perfect and will be a treasured keepsake :) love all the paint!!!!

Melissa Shea said...

I love your LO's! They are always so interesting with so many layers and pretty things to look at!

Nancy K said...

LOVE this, V!! The painted details are fabulous....such a charming LO!

CathyR said...

Beautiful layout. I love all the hexagons and that cute little house.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love this beautiful layout of yours dear Virginia!
You MUST make them more often ;-)