Monday, October 29, 2012

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #155

If you are here to link up the birthday card for Barb, please click here or the link under the blog header. Thank you! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mint ... Gold ... Leather
 Aren't the colors over The Play Date Cafe Challenge gorgeous?
I actually had some trouble getting the minty color right. This was actually my first take. I still like it!  
HAPPY belated Birthday-001
Stamps: WTF (CAS-ual Fridays), Chandelier and Chairs (Hero Arts)
Embossing Powder: (gold) Reflections
Inks: Cup O' Joe (Hero Arts), Versamark
Paper: White and Mint card stock (Michael's),  Brown card stock (Bazzill)

Thoughts about this card: sometimes you don't know what to do with the everyday objects in the stamp sets. For this ornate arm chair, with the right sentiment, the object fits the theme so perfectly. I also think a square card makes a "proper statement". That circle border stamp from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps was fun to emboss! With that said, we should never underestimate the power of circles and line stamps. Making this card reminds me of this photo that we took this past August.
(Hermitage Museum, St. Petersberg)
I am loving the color challenge lately....perhaps you can tell. I am always intimidated by certain color combos. These days I am really stretching my creativity on trying to use just the right amount of colors..... Thanks SO much for stopping by! 

29 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your card. The circle "rug" is so much fun and fits perfectly with that gorgeous chair!

Simone said...

This is such a fun and cute card Virginia! Love that rug of circles you created - soo cool! :)

Dawn said...

fabulous card Virginia. I love how you got inspiration from both the colour challenge and your photo as well.

Lynn said...

Love how you created with the floor with the patterned stamp. Beyond awesome!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your take on it...wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

sandie said...

you know the chair look regal and so I think it really suits the fact that gold is one of the colours. And I agree with your thoughts on square cards. I love the way you challenge your creativity-very inspiring!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Love the color combo, what a fun way to remember your vacation too!

lenny said...

wow! This is gorgeous!
Love the border!

Cathy A said...

Lovely card Virginia, I am enjoying seeing you stretch your creativity, the results are wonderful

BabyBokChoy said...

wowser, this is a cool card, expecially seeing how it reminds you of Hermitage!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card Virginia, the colours are just fabulous!

gRiSeL™ said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia!!! I agree, this is a beautiful color combo and helps in stretching our creativity!!! I think I just might play along in this challenge!! (; Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us!!! (:

Carolyn King said...

that is one stunning card and i love you beautiful pic---great colors on both!

Lin said...

So glad to see you playing in these challenges, V! That building is beautiful and I can see how your mind went to make your lovely card!

Susan F. said...

You matched the colors perfectly. That is a gorgeous card that could be used for amny themes.

Harriet said...

Virginia, You may have stretched your creativity but the stretch was really awsome!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia this design with minty green and chocolate brown is a beautiful delight!

Linda R said...

That color combo looks amazing. What an adorable card.

Hugs~

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love these colors too, and only wish I had the time to play grrr such is life! I love the card you made it has a great masculine feel to it ( something I always struggle with in cardmaking! ), beautiful work again!
Lisa

Rachel W K said...

loooooove that photo! and you're right, the colors are spot on :) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Sheila H said...

Your take on the color challenge is great, Virginia. My problem with color challenges is that I don't have many inks and DP. I know I need to shop :)

Leni said...

Hi Virginia, thanks for showing the hermitage in st.Petersburg. Love the colors!!!! I finally found someone to go with me to the hermitage in Amsterdam. I tell you all about it after I visited it! Gorgeous colorcombo! Wish I could play, but I am going to work a bit this week. Love your card!

Donna Bowman said...

Great card Virginia! Love the minty chair and the cute embossed circles. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe again this week!!!

sheila said...

I think that you did a GREAT job with these colors Virginia....I love your card!

maria f. said...

This is wonderful - as is that photo you shared. Cuz of you the Ermitage is on my bucket list.

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a GREAT card!! I just LOVE the simplicity and also the color palette.......it's a perfect take on your trip photo!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!! :) Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Fantastic! Mint SCARES ME. Maybe I should try it. It works so well on your card, couldn't picture it any other way. Great use of the circles to ground your seat.

Julie Hoffman said...

I absolutely LOVE this square card Virginia! I LOVE that color combo too! It's gorgeous! Love the little bling you added to the stamped circles!

Alice Wertz said...

those colors are yummy together indeed! love how you used them too. beautiful card, Virginia!