Thursday, October 25, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #22

 Here I go again-down the runway! My card, that is..... 
RIC #22 looks like a ton of fun!
 I took a very organic approach, which means, all the inspired elements were specifically created for this card. No pattern paper, store-bought embellishments....
It all came down to stamps, inks and sticker (sentiment)!
012
Supplies: Lifestyle Crafts Jubilant, SRM Stickers Thanks, Hero Arts Chairs and Chandeliers

About this card: I colored the wavy dry embossed lines with Antique Linen and Barn Door 
with hard foam sponges. Then I cut them out and fitted them together like piecing the puzzles. The SRM Sticker was then applied over the lines. I also created ornate chipboard for the focal point. In the case of runway photo, it was the gorgeous face of the model.

PS: Don't forget to check the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog and see if you are the new stamps giveaway winner!

20 comments:

lenny said...

Great interpretation of the inspiration photo!
Those dry embossed wavy lines are great! And that little heart... cute!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those wavy lines! They look great!

Rose said...

so pretty and i am loving the wavy lines :)

Marlena M. said...

This is the second challenge "line" I've entered today that I am right behind you. LOL. So nice to be neighbors with a friend!
Gorgeous organic interpretation Virginia!

Laura B. said...

Totally love your organic approach! Loves so bright and fabulous! So cool how you colored these embossed waves lines! I'd love to see how you did that!

Sue McRae said...

What a great clean design, love the wavy lines!

Annette said...

great take on the inspirational photo...i love it

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous inspired card, Virginia! :)

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh, this is such a perfect take on the photo, Virginia! LOVE IT!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Virginia, I love your design!

Sheila H said...

Your technique with the wavy lines is fabulous, Virginia. I love your interpretation of the inspirational photo.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful!!!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...love the patterns!

Kelly Griglione said...

Whaaaat, you cut those waves out?! Nice. My favorite part is your inspiration from the model's head ... yep, that's right where it would be! And it is balanced so well on your card.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVE this, Virginia!! I love the wavy lines and the added pearl! FAB!!

I cannot keep up with you--I'm gone for a week and you have fifteen new blog posts! AMAZING:) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

maria f. said...

Very cool mix of styles and colors. Love that pinky tone - can I ask what CS you used?

shirley-bee said...

Love your organic approach, Virginia!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the texture on your card! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Julie Hoffman said...

This is FABULOUS!! Love the colors and patterns!

Alice Wertz said...

these colors are so pretty and fresh together. lovely card, Virginia!