Monday, October 15, 2012

Scramble Challenge

Just sharing a card that I made for the Saturday's Hero Arts Flickr Scramble challenge hosted by Chris (details here).
The goal is to complete a card (or two) within 90 min. (including taking and uploading photo)
The theme is BLACK BACKGROUNDS  

 I came up with this card after working on it for 40 min.
At home, thinking of you
(sorry for the poor photo as it was taken at 8pm)

This proved to be a challenge for me since I had VERY little black card stock. I used TWO strips of black paper from Basic Grey (The Little Black Dress) and put the "Skyscrapers" together...(the 2nd horizontal yellow strip is where the two pieces of black card stock joined)
I am actually happy how this turned out!

Well, I guess, you can say "when there is a will, there is a way"! My next post is a guest design one....any guesses?

21 comments:

Karen B. said...

You are so clever in making your supplies work for you. Great card!

Simone said...

This is so fun and clever! Love how you covered the join with the yellow cardstock creating a window like effect! Such a fun card Virginia! Lol the buns are cooking along nicely! Not long to go now!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Virginia... and very ingenious use of the yellow to disguise your strips of black. I LOVE using black so always have some on hand... but do you think I could find a sheet ~ spend 5 minutes looking till I found where I'd stashed the package!
Can't wait till your guest spot... I wonder who for? Anyone would be thrilled to have you designing for them!

Lynn said...

I love this scene. It is gorgeous Virginia!

Sheila H said...

Your window pane look worked wonderfully, Virginia. You are so clever!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great idea Virginia!

BabyBokChoy said...

Terrific scene you have created there!

Harriet said...

I like this card very much.

Annette said...

fun design...love how you did the grid...

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun take on the challenge Virginia! Love the idea of looking through the window!

Brenda said...

Super design! This sounds like a fun challenge.

Mirta Sanchez said...

O my gosh, LOVE IT! So clever! I love the sense of nostalgia and longing, looking out the window at the night skyline....sigh...

MarcyK924 said...

Saw this on Flickr - I ADORE the panels - like a windowpane! You rocked this scramble!!

cnelson said...

Could not LOVE this more! FABULOUS!

Alice Wertz said...

so clever! beautiful night sky scene and a sweet card, Virginia!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Very cool window panes!

Rachel W K said...

ooooh this is a cool one! i like it!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

That was a brilliant solve! I really like the windowpane effect.

Julie Hoffman said...

This is beautiful Virginia! Gorgeous city scape. Love the colors they go perfectly together! Great sentiment too!

Karen from MI said...

What a GREAT and CREATIVE card, Virginia! You are so CLEVER!!! The scene reminds me of the view from Molly's apt. window! :) xo

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia I love this image and the creative window view!