Thursday, November 15, 2012

A "Cork-y" Card!

Again I am joining the fun over Moxie Fab World (details here). Someone stops me! 
The challenge is to create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates canvas, cork, and/or burlap in an innovative way.

Here is my super simple card:
HUGS
Card stock: Earth Layering Paper by Hero Arts

Pattern paper: Foliage Designer Papers by Hero Arts
Stamp: Newsprint Bird, Type (sentiment) by Hero Arts
Ink: Hero Hue (Night) Chalk Ink, Versamark by Tsukineko,
Embossing powder: Stampendous (white, fine)
Fibers: raffia (Michaels)
Accents: cork (Michaels), pearls (Hero Arts) 

Oh... I am also secretly happy (well, not a secret any more, is it?) about some upcoming fun crafty news. Can't wait to share with you soon!
Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Piali said...

Lovely card!!
What did I miss?????

Barb said...

What crafty news? Can't wait to hear!

Love this sweet card, V! The bird looks fabulous stamped on the cork!

pamela said...

Yay for happy happy news :D And I just have to get cork and burlap for my crafting stash!

Dawn said...

gorgeous Virginia. Certainly an innovative use of the cork.

Lalo said...

That stamp looks so perfect on cork!
Now what's the news??? You got me thinking...

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Virginia...looking forward to hear your News:)

Lynn said...

Can't wait to hear your news! I love all the text in the bird and on the background paper. Beautiful.

joy said...

This bird stamp always makes me smile and he looks great stamped on cork, Virginia!

Can't wait to hear your NEWS!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the cork! Can't wait to hear your news!

Maureen Morton said...

You've got me on pins and needles, Virginia.....come on! What do you have up your sleeve?! Love this corker - so earthy and sweet. Those elegant pearls are the perfect contrasting touch.

Besthobbyeva said...

Awesome use of cork!! This card is just beautiful. I LOVE it!

Crafty news is always fun!

Laurie
serenityscrappers

Vicky said...

Such a lovely card, love the pastel colors. And thank you for introducing us to yet another medium! Whooo whooo love the look!

BabyBokChoy said...

All your news, craft or otherwise, are fun :) lOok forward to hearing about this latest one!
Cork looks terrific and I have a few sheets in my stash that I need to use!! Thanks for the inspo!

Melissa Shea said...

I love your textures lately. Canvas and cork. They add such warmness to a card, if that makes sense.

And such a tease you are!! Can't wait for the news!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stamping on cork is brilliant Virginia! Great card.

sandie said...

what a great idea-to stamp onto the cork and the background is great!

Annette said...

wow that just looks too cool... it really stamped nice on the cork..great card..

Rose said...

yea for happy news :)
i LOVE the stamping on cork!!!

cardsandbookmarks said...

This card is so beautiful! I like how subtle the bird looks stamped on the cork, and the green letters in the background looks great.

Julie Hoffman said...

This is beautiful! I love the bird stamped on the cork.

Greta said...

The bird looks great stamped on the cork!

Alice Wertz said...

love that you stamped on cork! awesome card, Virginia!