Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Pie, A Card and ....Two Winners!

 Growing up in Taiwan, I didn't know what a pie tastes like until my 20s. It was the apple "pie" from McDonald that I got my first taste.  You can say that it was love at first "bite"!  In my early 20s, I came to Canada for graduate studies and since then I had experienced making and eating lots and lots of pies! Well, having a hubby who loves apple pies, peach pies, chocolate pies ...and pecan pies give me plenty of chance to perfect them!

Can anything evoke more hominess than a homemade Pecan Pie? This is one of the many pies that I made. Not only I am an avid card maker, you can say that I am an enthusiastic (and always hungry) pie maker!
Now we got the pie part covered, here is a card with Neat And Tangles Stamps
home sweet home
 I love how this Christmas stamp set Sweet Home can be used as an everyday card. The pattern paper are from Basic Grey's Clippings. The pecan pie provides the homey backdrop, don't you think?
And...by the way, the Pecan Pie was YUMMY! The filling was sweet and gooey! The Pecan was crunchy!

Lastly, here are the winners of the SRM calendar Stickers giveaway. Dr. John picked out 2 random numbers out of 54 comments. Two most favored months of my calendar are February and October.

#8 aaga said...
My fave here is January... I guess it's because of the bird. I can never get enough of it. :)

#12 Jeanette M. said...
Fantastic calendar, Virginia! I love how creative you are with the washi tape.
My favourite month would have to be May (the month my husband and I got married in.) :)

Congrats, Aaga and Jeanette! Please e-mail me your postal address, so I can send you the calendar stickers!
Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

Chunyuan Wu said...

The pecan pie is also my family favorite and the pie for our thanksgiving dinner. Cute card. Love the stitches on the corner.

Dawn said...

your pie looks yummy Virginia. I love your card too. It is so sweet.

Kelly Griglione said...

I made turtle pumpkin pie (with a layer of pecan and caramel between the crust and the pumpkin) and quickly need to give it to some neighbors before I'm alone with it any longer. Fantastic card! Love how you colored the roof on your house. And the corner trims add such a nice touch!

aaga said...

Woohoo! Thank you (and Dr John), I'm e-mailing you right now!
Those pies looks really yummie. I made apple pie recently. :)

Michelle said...

Oh, Virginia, one day I will visit Canada, and I am coming over for your pie! Yum!

Oh, and your card is gorgeous, as always! :-)

Brenda said...

Great card! It evokes feelings of comfort and warmth. Your pie looks and sounds delicious.

stamplover2011 said...

Virginia, your pie looks wonderful and YUMMY! Cute card too!

Lynn said...

I LOVE pecan pie...so yummy! Yours looks fabulous. Your card is so sweet Virginia. Love the whimsical house.

Jeanette M. said...

That pie looks so delicious! And your card is beautiful - love that house image!
Thank you!! I am going to send you that email right away. :)

TenSGal said...

Love this sweet little card.

And I LOVE pecan pie! I live in Georgia...pecans are abundant here...and this is a hugely popular pie in the south. Yours looks delicious!

Karen B. said...

Such a fun and sweet card!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Fun card and the pie looks great!

Jacqueline said...

That pie looks delicious and your card is so cozy!! I share your passion in the kitchen too.. call it creativity and I'm all for it!!

Barb said...

Your pecan pie looks so delicious, Virgina, and I love your sweet card!

sandie said...

yummy looking pie! And your card is full of yummy colours and feelings of home!

Melissa Shea said...

Confession: I'm not a pie lover. Truth: it's because no one makes REALLY good pie (including me)!! And, I'm not a fruit pie girl. And, pecan is my favorite! I'm seriously drooling here. Your house must of smelled amAzing! And doesn't David make a mean lemon meringue?

Oh wait, there was a card too. LOL. Seriously adorable. Love the homey feeling of the coloring and corner treatments :)

Sheila H said...

My husband's favorite pie is pecan. I'm sure he would love yours! Your card is adorable. I love the stamping and the DP.

Romaine said...

Love pecan pie and the pics looked delish!

Laura B. said...

A perfect card to go with your delicious looking pie! Wish I could come over for a slice and maybe a chat;)

Julie Hoffman said...

Those pies look YUMMY! Love your card too! Earth tones just say cozy. This would be a perfect house warming card!

Mary-Anne V said...

My mouth is watering looking at your pie...love the card too.

Annette said...

oh yeah that looks yummy...hehe

i so love your style...this card is amazing..

Rose said...

yummy pies and super sweet card :)

alexandra s.m. said...

your pies look professionally done ;-)
now I know where david gets his talent from!!
Lovely card Virginia!
Thank You for sharing~

Linda R said...

What a yummy looking pie. I have to say apple is my favorite. Now I am hungry just thinking about it.

Your card is adorable. Love the cute little house.

Hugs~

Greta said...

Wish I was coming to your house--LOVE pecan pie & yours looks fabulous! Such a cute card, too!

donna mikasa said...

Your yummy pie showcases your homespun card perfectly! I love the stitching details in the corner. Congratulations to your winners, too!

Kelly Booth said...

YUMMY Pie!! I LOVE Pecan Pie.... and the Card is just Adorable! xoxo

Maureen Morton said...

I loved looking at the pies, but that is it for me. Can smell it from here. They go straight to my hips! Your dear card is just as homey as your pie....love them both!

Alice Wertz said...

mmmmm.... your pecan pie looks soooooo yummy!! lucky, lucky Dr. John!! =) darling card, too. love how you framed the focal point with the corner embellishments. so sweet!