Friday, November 9, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #78

Hello, dear friends! I hope your Friday is off to a great start. We are going to have another FUN CAS-ual Fridays Challenge. The theme is to use any torn images/paper/edges...(anything torn) in your CAS projects!
For my card, I used this new November stamp set from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
It has a fun and mod vibe to it! 
CELEBRATE
I absolutely love the embossing for the border stamp. Here I used one of the sentiment from the stamp set. The torn paper effect definitely adds some interest to this card. I hope you check out our talented DT's work and get inspired! 

I want to share two songs that get you inspired...

"Torn Between Two Lovers"  is one of the love songs that I grew up with when I learned English in high school.
I also love this lovely song "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia
Please link up your CAS projects to CAS-ual Fridays by noon, Thursday, Nov. 15, Eastern Time. I can't wait to see your "torn" creations!

Lastly but certainly not the least....I am so WOWED by your positive feedback and comments in my blog.  This little blog will not be here without your constant encouragement and support. I certainly do not take each thoughtful comment for granted. Thank you!

23 comments:

Barb said...

Hi V! I love all the pretty blue shades you used and your torn strips look so cool! Fun card! :)

donna mikasa said...

Saw this on the CF blog and I gasped! It's gorgeous! Love the texture from the torn papers and the blues are so lovely!

paula said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. It reminded me of the beach. Which is perfect as it's summer here

Lynn said...

Okay...this looks like an ocean...it is so gorgeous Virginia....I love it! and your songs...perfection!

PS think I need a few more ....?!s

Brenda said...

Another fabulous card! Love how the torn layers give this card depth.

Jeanette M. said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! Love the colours and the torn paper layers.

Beate said...

Beautiful card. I love how you used the new set!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Sheila H said...

Virginia, I love the ocean and the beach ... So I love this card. It's so beautiful and serene. Your torn papers are fantastic.

shirley-bee said...

This is lovely, Virginia! I agree with the others, it looks like the sea.

Lin said...

I have a friend here in town who absolutely CANNOT tear anything, so I stopped to see what you did! Using the Core'dinations cardstock makes this a fun card!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty Virginia, modern, and abstract. Reminds me of the ocean.

Rose said...

wow!! love love love your torn paper that now looks like water :)
have a great friday!!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a beautiful card! LOVE your torn edges!
Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

MarcyK924 said...

Well, that was fun, rocking out to your fun post!

Just came from CAS and saw your AHmazing card,V! How can you make torn paper look so FABULOUS!? It must be all the love you put into it! It is a work of art! LOVE the movement of it and that cool stamp - I feel like I'm in the ocean, which would be great, since I'm freezing! Hugs, Marcy

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the layers of torn paper! Hope I can play in the challenge. Your card is inspiring!

Alice Wertz said...

love the shades of blue and the fab stamped pattern to go with it. super card, Virginia! you are an inspiration, my friend! it's always fun to visit you and thanks for sharing your talent with us! hope you have a beautiful weekend! =)

pamela said...

I saw this on this week's CAS and this is amazing! The border stamp is just amazing, and I love how you colored it in different blues!

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic ripped borders Virginia~you kept it lined up and clean!

Linda R said...

What a fabulous card. It kinda makes me think of the ocean. This sure does sound like a fun challenge.

Hugs~

Lea L. said...

This is pretty! I love the torn layers, and the stamped borders!!

Bethany S. said...

This. is. so. gorgeous. Virginia! I simply LOVE it! And it is so amazing.

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love the look of the ripped papers overlapping each other, it creates such texture!

Carol L said...

I love everything about this amazing card! The innovative way you used the stamps and torn panels makes this a perfect way to celebrate a special occasion! Beautiful!