Thursday, November 1, 2012

Guest Design (Scrap RDV) & CAS-ual Fridays Stamps

 It's a NEW month and another new post....Happy November!
I am so pleased to share my guest design work over scrap rendes-vous today.  

This blog is run by three talented scrapbooking friends who leaves thousands miles away from each other, but they have common bond for paper-crafting! Thanks to Alexandra 's invitation, I am proud to share my work with you.
Here is a sneak peek. 
I must say this card is not my usual style, but I really really really like it! 

 I have two cards featured in CAS-ual Friday's Stamps blog. Looks like I was in the orange mood (again!)....This card is from WTF set. I gave it to my friend Linda (who is a physician) for her 50th birthday and she---LOVES--- it! 
WTF
And the flowers and sentiment are from Truth Is.
Truth is...
The flowers were embossed in orange Zing Powder on kraft card stock and then were lightly colored in copics. Since they were embossed, it was very easy to cut them out!

Please stop by Scrap RDV and CAS-ual Friday's Stamps to check out my cards and leave me some love perhaps? I think you will like it!

24 comments:

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous orange zing embossing on Kraft! Love all the bright orange!

pamela said...

Wow! Orange EP is amazing! Did an orange bug hit you? :P

Dawn said...

These are fabulous Virginia. Love the oranges

Rachel W K said...

Agreed! Those flowers are spot on!

joy said...

Hi, Virginia! Orange is not my go-to color, but you've made me want to use it more often. I love both of your cards, but the orange embossed flowers are SO PRETTY!!

Lynn said...

Two gorgeous cards....I love the color combo!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous work!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both fabulous cards Virginia. You totally know how to work a great card!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Awesome cards, Virginia. That WTF set just makes me giggle. I am going to have to add that one to my collection. :)

Annette said...

congrats on your guest design spot..you card is stunning and love the sketch..

Sheila H said...

Glorious color combo!

BabyBokChoy said...

the embossed flowers are pretty AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa Shea said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! That WTF set always makes me take a second look!

MarcyK924 said...

I am ON THE FLOOR! Your tag is WTF! I MUST have that stamp set! But your card is AMAZING, sweetie, just like the sentiment on #2 says! XOXO

Mirta Sanchez said...

HI VL! Love your colors, especially love your second card! Those embossed flowers just jumped right out at me!

alexandra s.m. said...

love orange, love your cards, Love the fact that you honored us with your presence again at Scrap RDV!

Thank You Virginia!

sheila said...

These are both so cute Virginia! I llove the bbright orange pop of color too!

Simone said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia! I love the fall colours you used and that WTF sentiment is sooo fun!!

Michelle said...

Orange Zing on kraft is such an awesome idea (that I would never have thought of myself!). Fantastic!

Greta said...

Great use of orange--not my favorite color usually.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Whoa, those orange embossed flowers are really ama-ZING!

Kelly Griglione said...

Left some well-deserved love ... these cards are fantastic! And holy smokes, I still can't believe you cut the starburst ... what a great idea! OK, I think you should tell Michele to come out with a die that does that. The Lu die. You'll make her millions! : )

Alice Wertz said...

both designs are fabulous and awesome use of orange!

chrystinanoel.com said...

hahaha, good use of WTF :)