Sunday, November 11, 2012

Market Street Block Party

Hello, this is my 2nd post of the day. Here is another take on journaling cards with Market Street Stamps. I am joining the fun in Block Party over Market Street Stamps and Moxie Fab World's Journaling Cards Challenge (see here)

For my card, I used the Vintage Notepad (thus the journaling card) and Believing Butterfly
believe
The pattern paper from Basic Grey's Serenade is absolutely exquisite. I finally broke it open and made a card with it. I also used the Washi tape that my daughter bought me when she did her exchange studies in Singapore.
Here I dressed up two clear buttons with the Washi tape.  I love how this really gives the card a cohesive look. Making classy and elegant cards is certainly not my forte, but I think with all the right and beautiful supplies out there, I can at least strive for it!?

I am quite excited to watch tonight's PBS's Upstairs and Downstairs!  The plot gets juicer and more dramatic as it goes....   :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

19 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love everything about this! Inspiring!

Lynn said...

I love the fonts on the sentiment...absolutely gorgeous with your card design.

Annette said...

totally gorgeous..

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card, Virginia - just love what you did with that Serenade paper and the washi tape

Miriam Prantner said...

Virginia this is SOOOO pretty! Love the stitching and that great washi tape, and loving how you used it on the clear buttons!

paula said...

Virginia this is one stunning card. I love what you have done. What a great idea to use the washi tape on the buttons. So clever.

Laura B. said...

So pretty! Love the washi on buttons!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE all the stamping and overstamping here, Virginia, and that Washi tape is scrumptious! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Market Street Stamps!

alexandra s.m. said...

what a wonderful card Virginia!
these tones are so soothing to me ...
thank You!
and thank You for sharing these fab pictures of David in the previous post.

aaga said...

Gorgeous. :)

Brenda said...

This is definitely classy Virginia! I think adding that gorgeous Washi Tape did it!

Besthobbyeva said...

Such an elegant card. What a fanstastic use of the washi tape on the buttons, very clever!! Fantastic card.

Laurie

BabyBokChoy said...

You are so prolific and so very inspiring, what a GREAT card!!!

Kelly Booth said...

This is so PRETTY V....Just Love everything about it! xo

Brenda said...

Beautiful card. Love those buttons. What a clever way to use Washi.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow what amazing card! I love all of the little details you put into this! Just stunning!!! What a beautiful sentiment and lace stamp too!

MarcyK924 said...

WOWZER, Virginia!! This goes on my top 10 FAVS of yours! Every detail is a thread to the next. Those buttons balance out the colorful stitching so perfectly placed! LOVE your new papers (thank you Dr. John, wink!!) LOVE this!!

Stephanie Washburn said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Virginia! So pretty and elegant! Thanks so much for joining our Block Party! :)

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful depth you created with the layered stamping. what a beautiful card, Virginia! love love it and congrats on your win on the GDT spot, too! you are amazing, my friend! =)