Thursday, November 22, 2012

Rolled Paper Christmas Tree

Happy Thanksgiving to my American blog friends!
 Today I am sharing a card today with rolled paper. There were tons of creative cards made with rolled paper. Here is a card that I made a while ago.....The latest card from Hero Art's Shari Carrol (see here ) got me inspired again.
 I am entering this for the current Hero Arts Challenge.
sending Christmas JOY
Supplies: Basic Grey (Aspen Frost),  sentiment (Hero Arts), white embossed strip (Life Style Crafts)

 As you can see, this card is labor of LOVE! I wasn't enjoying it so much at the beginning....rolling and rolling the paper! Some rolls were too thick or were simply not round enough....Finally, when it comes to assembling the tree, MAGIC happens :)

 For me, the trick to make it work is to use a toothpick as a guide and just roll around it. The Glossy Accent acts as the great adhesive. A tiny bit of it will go a long way. I also applied a tiny bit of glitter on the embossed strip to make it shine! The tree "trunk" is a piece of Washi Tape--easiest part!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

32 comments:

Harriet said...

Virginia....I love your card!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fantastic card, Virginia!

Arlene said...

Just gorgeous. Beautifully done. That will have to go to someone very special!

Karen B. said...

Such a fun card!

Brenda said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but so worth the effort. It's a gorgeous card.

Barb said...

I love it, V! So much fun! Love the chevron embossed strip with the bit of glitter and your rolled tree looks amazing! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Your tree is fantastic Virginia, I think I need to get Aspen Frost now.

Trinh said...

All the labor was well worth it! I love the patterns and colors in your tree.

Rose said...

oh i LOVE your rolled paper tree :)

Sue McRae said...

Very fun take on Shari's card!

Laura B. said...

Love this rolled paper tree!

joy said...

What fun this tree is! And, I love those Aspen Frost papers.

paula said...

Virginia your card is worth all the effort you put into it. It is so lovely.

Miriam Prantner said...

It looks great! All that rolling was worth it Virginia!

chrystinanoel.com said...

What a great idea!!

Fresh Squeezed Stamps (Ryann) said...

Fabulous, Virginia!!

Dawn said...

simply glamorous Virginia. Love it. So worth all the effort it took.

Piali said...

Beautiful card!!!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Virginia...great idea to use the toothpick...I had the same problem when I made a card like this. Your end result is amazing.

fun stamping said...

Wow, what a cute idea!

Sheila H said...

Your patience is amazing and so is your card, Virginia!

Vicky said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!! LOVE IT!!!! Always an inspiration to visit your blog!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous, I love it! Great way to use up bits of paper.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love this unique and creative way to achieve dimension. This tree "rolls" out the red carpet for the holidays!

~amy~ said...

oh my...this is truly fantastic!

Karen from MI said...

SIMPLY DARLING........SIMPLY TALENTED.......SIMPLY SOOOOOOOOOOO CREATIVE!! LOVE this card, Virginia!! :) oxoox

Melissa Shea said...

I love when you play with paper like this! Gorgeous! It's so different and you can tell it took forEVER to put together! So fun!

Jackie Rockwell said...

So inspirational! I've seen this rolled technique before but haven't tried it yet. BEAUTIFUL!

Greta said...

Fantastic card, Virginia! Very creative!

Kelly Griglione said...

Great rolls! The "J" perfectly positioned under the trunk makes me very happy : )

MarcyK924 said...

Holy smokes, I've missed a lot! THIS is magical! XOXO

Alice Wertz said...

such a fun card! love it!