Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sending You Love!!

When you receive a handmade card, it certainly gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling. I always hope that the receivers of my cards will feel the LOVE. Today's card was sent to a dear lovely blog friend Kelly Griglione. who had lost her 11-year old nephew Samuel in a tragic car accident.

I have no words for such a horrendous accident. A young life was suddenly taken ....just like that. I felt compelled to do something. Through Kelly, I offered to send a card to Samuel's parents.  A card from a total stranger like me can perhaps comfort them even if just for a little.
1. sending you love
The other day Kelly received the card and told me how much she appreciated it.

Kelly wrote me in her e-mail:
" I just got your card today, and I absolutely LOVE it! I totally forgot about getting thick images by adhering several of them together. Feeling it in person has totally inspired me, it's so luxurious. Your card is just perfect with the soft colors and pearls. And thanks for the perfectly sweet message inside! It warms my heart."  

 Thank you , Kelly, for sharing....and please know that the world is a better place because you are not grieving or feeling sad alone. Sending you love.

24 comments:

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous.....love the addition of the ribbon.

Maureen Morton said...

Your heart is as big as your talent, Virginia. Love the gorgeous card and YOU!

Barb said...

What a beautiful card, Virginia - so sweet of you to do that for Kelly.

Laura B. said...

Such a thoughtful and beautiful sympathy card. Love how you layered the card stock to make it thicker.

Annette said...

so sorry to hear about your friends nephew..that is just so sad...this card will certainly warm her heart.. Very pretty.

Harriet said...

Virginia, This card is so lovely.

BabyBokChoy said...

You are a treasure Virginia!!! What a beautiful card and lovely sentiment.

Kelly Griglione said...

The world is definitely a brighter place because you are in it, Virginia. I can't wait to hear my sister-in-law's reaction to receiving a card from a "stranger" letting her know the breadth of people thinking of them. Sometimes we may think that being just one person we don't matter much, but you have shown that not to be true.

Thank you, my friend!

I found a beautiful quote that reminds me of you, "The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit."
--Nelson Henderson

MarcyK924 said...

A beautiful card from a beautiful person! I love the serene colors!

Greta said...

Stunning card & yet not not over done, so perfect for sending love at a time of sorrow. You've inspired me, Virginia.

Jacqueline said...

How wonderful for you to react to such a tragic occasion with such a beautiful card. I'm sure it brought comfort.

Tasnim said...

What a beauty! Absolutely love this card! The soft colors, the pearls, and the ribbon...such a gorgeous and thoughtful creation!

Brenda said...

Virginia, you are so incredibly thoughtful. What a fabulous way to reach out to others.

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia what a beautiful card and such a beautiful gesture on your part as well. Kelly is such a lovely person and I know she would be so touched by your thoughtfulness.

sheila said...

lovely, lovely card Virginia

Lynn said...

Oh Virginia. This is so beautiful and heartfelt for such a tragic loss. My prayers are with Kelly's family.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

You are so thoughtful! Beautiful card!

Rose said...

stunning!!!
i am sure it brought some comfort to the parents.

Karen B. said...

You have such a kind soul Virginia, and a crafty one too! This card is so beautiful.

Dawn said...

what a caring friend you are Virginia. Your card is simply touchingly beautiful.

Sue Speck said...

You have well and truly earned the many hundreds (thousands?) of viewers you have, Virginia. Your wonderful art fills my box with delight, I always look forward to your posts, and I've downloaded many of your ideas to use as springboards for my own work. Don't fret over the loss of one viewer: my humble blog is lucky to get 50 viewers a day, and other than my niece, no one ever comments. So be grateful for the wonderful and loyal fan base you do have, and will surely always have!

Sheila H said...

You are so kind, generous and thoughtful, Virginia. Your beautiful card is a reflection of your beautiful and giving spirit. It will be well received, I'm sure.

Alice Wertz said...

you have such a big heart and just so sweet, Virginia! such a wonderful gesture and your card is beautiful!