Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12 Tags of Christmas with a feminine twist

 I have been enjoying the Classroom over Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas with a feminine twist. If you haven't checked it out, you must stop by. Each featured tag is packed with amazing techniques and delightful details. Check this masterpiece by the one and only Jennifer McGuire.

Today I am sharing my tag that was inspired by Claudia Hellmuth's tag! Claudia has this fun and beautiful style all of her own and I adore the lovely details that she used for her gorgeous tag.
Here is my Christmas tag with a feminine twist!
'tis the season
First, I embossed the background with CAS-ual Friday's Snowflakes Stamp set and then brushed mixture of water and Liquid Perfect Pearl. After that, I cut up a strip of dictionary paper and applied Feathered Peacock. The white strip of paper is mulberry paper with Stickles on it. I paper-pieced the doll image with Basic Grey's Konnichiwa. 

While I was at at, I also made a non-Christmas card with a feminine twist.
hello beautiful
I had lots of fun layering this one. A bit of embossing and Washi Tape...
two tags
What do you think? Making these tags is very much like creating an intricate ATC. You have till Dec. 16 to enter! There is still time to create! Thanks so much for stopping by! 

28 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your tags are just beautiful Virginia. So much talent.

paula said...

Virginia these two tags are just beautifully done. I love them both. Good luck with the challenge

Piali said...

Gorgeous tags Virginia!! Love them both!

joy said...

I love these tags, Virginia! Quite artsy and so much fun!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great tags. Fun colors!

Lynn said...

I love all the inking and embossing. Beautiful.

Sheila H said...

Love the colors and embossing on your tags, Virginia!

Barb King said...

I love how different each one is. I'm working on mine now.

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute and Fun....Love the Tags! I only wish I had time to just Play...this month is always crazy busy for me!! xo

~amy~ said...

cooooo cute!!!!

*Jennyfer Leung* said...

Oh these are so cute Virginia! Love them both.

Ruby Craft said...

Your tags are so Cute and definitely with a feminine twist. I have been enjoying Ellen's 12 tags and love seeing your take on Claudia Hellmuth's tag. Your Konnichiwa doll with the snowflake background is so fun, and I love the lace and floral on your hello beautiful tag.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your tags are gorgeous! Love them both Virginia!

Barb said...

I love the different techniques you used on these beautiful tags, Virginia! The mix of colors are so pretty on both! Good luck in the challenge! :)

Marlena M. said...

Lovely tags Virginia...I love the way you feminized them!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

That little doll is so cute! I love your take on Claudine's tag Virginia! Totally adorable!

Vic Lau said...

These are sooo pretty! I love it!

pamela said...

Your tags are adorable! It's kinda tough to hold out on buying those distress inks with you using them so often!

Brenda said...

These are beautiful Virginia! I adore the colours you used on your Christmas tag and you dressed her up so nicely!

Melissa Shea said...

Beautiful tags! I love the layering and the different textures you incorporated!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love both I have to say your use of washi is awesome on that beautiful tag! These are really fun with the different color pallets too! You always amaze me with your ability to think outside of the box!

Nancy K said...

I love how you used unconventional colors on these decidedly feminine tags...gorgeous work!

Alice Wertz said...

both are so girly and pretty! really like the background on the first tag. wonderful textures and colors!

Maureen Morton said...

Wasn't this fun? She is such a great inspiration (as are you, my dear!). I'm loving what you did with these colors and fun textures. Great job!

BabyBokChoy said...

such sweet tags they are!!!

Rose said...

that little girl tag is adorable!! love the paper piecing and your second tag is so beautiful love all the layers :)

Besthobbyeva said...

Fantabulous tags!! That little girl is so adorable and that embossing is perfect.

Laurie

Nicole said...

These tags are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. I love all the different textures and layers of the first card. I will have to give a few of those combos/techniques a try!