Friday, December 14, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #82

Hello! It's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge time! This week's theme is to create a CAS project with anything "scored". You can score lines images onto your project. As long as there is a scored line or two...or more, then it qualifies!

I had acquired my Martha Stewart score board for a while, and I am happy to say that I used it every time when I make cards. This is my take for this challenge...
Live laugh love-001
When I was making this card, the odd pieces of stamped text squares and punched out butterfly happened to appear on my craft desk...Have you made a card from the pieces that were lying on your craft desk? Well, this is one for me! I incorporated the flower stamping (from the CAS-ual Fridays Stamp's Truth Is) and came up with this card. SCORE!!!!! With the scored lines, the card seem to have a touch of sophisticated feel? Have you SCORED anything on paper lately?  If you don't have a score board, you can still try scoring the lines on a softer surface with a ruler.

Please upload your CAS project to CAS-ual Fridays by noon, Thursday Dec. 20 Eastern Time. I can't wait to see your scored project!
While you are here, you can also check out CAS-ual Friday's Stamp set "8 Happy Nights".
Thanks so much for stopping by!

19 comments:

aaga said...

I'm so glad that you kept these pieces, they look so well together. :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So elegant and beautiful! Love your card Virginia! have a nice week-end, hugs, Karin

paula said...

This is gorgeous Virginia. It looks amazing, I love how you put this card together.

Sheila H said...

Your leftover pieces and score lines made a beautifully elegant card.

Karen B. said...

Such a bold, yet feminine design!

sandie said...

this really is very elegant and so good that it is from bits on the desk!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

I am in love with this card! Not only the scoring, but love how you used the butterfly and stamped the flowers in the corner. Great creative design!

Jacqueline said...

Yes, Virginia... I often see scraps lying around which are the perfect fit! Love your inchie!

Barb said...

Another clever and creative card! Love the design with your beautifully scored lines, V! So pretty! :)

Harriet said...

This card is great and I love the scoring. Yes, I've tried scoring....not so good!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This card "scores" a 10!

Melissa Shea said...

Woohoo! So clean & graphic! I love the positioning of the score lines-it's cool how much the lines add to the design!

Sue McRae said...

This is a wonderful design with the scored rectangles, I may have to CASE it.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your scoring on this! Great design.

Dawn Turley said...

what elegance Virginia. The scoring is just wonderful.

Greta said...

I love this card, Virginia! Wonderful design with the scoring! I need to practice more with my board--you've inspired me!

donna mikasa said...

Love the scoring on your card--it does add a touch of sophistication!

Rose said...

LOVE this!!!!! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Love the sections you created on your card, Virginia! And yes, I use scraps that happen to be on my desk all the time ... it's the best reason not to tidy up too often! Until you're spending more time looking for things than making things, that is.