Thursday, December 20, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #83

Hello! I know it is not Friday yet....but this week's CAS-ual Fridays starts on Thursday to kick up the holiday How is your holiday preparation going? I think I am almost done (Yay)! This week's theme "Dashing Through The Holiday" is perfect for you! We are teaming up with Pretty Pink Posh. And that means....you can link up to both challenges for double the fun, and double the chance to win a gift certificate to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps store!

How do you like creating a holiday card in less than 10 minutes? Be sure to gather your stash before you start. This is a two-week Challenge, so there is plenty of time to enter! 

I try to make a CAS card in less than 10 minutes. I had to plan ahead to cut down the time. I decided to emboss (which took 1/3 of the time), but the rest is easy. With the Basic Grey Paper (Aspen Frost), this card came together rather quickly!
Meet me under the mistletoe
I love the white wash look. The Picket Fence Acrylic paint really makes it easy! A few swipes here and there, done! Please link up your CAS project to CAS-ual Fridays AND Pretty Pink Posh (for double chance to win) by noon ,Thursday, January 3, 2013 (Eastern Time).
 
I hope you are enjoying your special time with your love ones during the holiday season because that is exactly what I will be doing! Thanks so much for stopping by!

34 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! Love the chalkboard effect + colored embossing, perfect!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love how it looks against the black!

lenny said...

Gorgeous card!!
Love the chalkboard and the embossed mistletoe!!
And that sentiment...romantic... ;)

BabyBokChoy said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Lynn said...

The balance on this is so cool. I love how the striped paper grounds the design.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow this is so pretty! i love the white swiped on!

Brenda said...

I love the embossed Mistletoe Virginia!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia I love your card and the mistletoe and your chalkboard yum. you did much better than me because my embossing took more than half of the time.

Melissa said...

This has such a classy look, Virginia!! :) Love the embossed mistletoe and that DP is rather lovely!

Paulina said...

This card is so fun! I'm with you, I love the chalkboard look- it's so IN right now.

So thrilled I could team up with gals over on the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge. You all are amazing!

Lalo said...

That looks like so much more work then just 10 min and I'm loving the chalkboard look!!!

paula said...

Virginia your card is stunning. I love the way you put this together. I also love how your card only took a little time to make.

Annette said...

you do white wash so good..this is fabulous.. I like how you explained it.. a few swipes here and there..hehe so cute.. Love this card..

Sheila H said...

Stunning card, Virginia. The white wash is so cool combined with the vibrant mistletoe!

Karenladd said...

Wow, I love how the embossing POPS against the black! Beautiful card!

Barb said...

Awesome card, V! Love the white washed look and your pretty green embossing against the black! Fab sentiment too! Big huge hugs and a very Merry Christmas to you, my friend! :)

Rose said...

absolutely beautiful :) love the embossing!!!
you have a wonderful Christmas :)


i have over 1000 posts in my google reader i am working on!! lol

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!
Thank you;-)

donna mikasa said...

Love the chalkboard effect with the pop of green from the mistletoe! Fantastic 10 minute creation!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous Virginia. what a great card.

Karen B. said...

What a fantastic technique you've showcased! Love the look of this festive card. I hope you and your family have a very, merry Holiday!

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Very pretty card...Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year...

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this V....Fabulous 10 Minute Creation!! Merry Christmas to you and your Family...xoxoxo!

Cindy C. said...

Wow you did that in 10 minutes!! Awesome!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful and full of kisses! Happy Holidays Virginia!

Barb King said...

Fun challenge, I am going to play along. THanks, Virginia!

Melissa Shea said...

Gorgeous! Nice work in under 10! That mistletoe is gorgeous with the little bling! And I love the white wash look. At first the card made me think of of frosty window in the winter!

Maureen Morton said...

Ten minutes? No way, Virginia! You must be really organized. Love this and look. Enjoy the family and stay safe and healthy!

Cathy A said...

Such a lovely modern design Virginia. I hope you , John, David and Stephanie have a wonderful Christmas, hugs Sista! X

Laura B. said...

Love this green embossing on black with the chalkboard feel! So pretty!

Nina Yang said...

Merry Christmas, Virginia, to you and your family! <3

Tammy said...

Beautiful! I love the striking feel of the black--it's inked up edges also remind me of a blackboard, which I love!

Kelly Griglione said...

Ack, Virginia, I LOVE this!! And you made it in under 10 minutes ... that is so awesome! It's got a great style. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing some Legos around here soon : )

chrystinanoel.com said...

I want to give somebody this card. I just don't know who yet.