Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A card and happy mail for Grayson

 I am joining the fun "Stamp Your Own Background"challenge over Moxie Fab World!  I  love to create my own backgrounds for cards/layouts. Making a unique background always gives me a little thrill when the vision comes to life.... Let's do a background check, OK? In this card, I tried to mimic the look of a pattern paper.
wishing you well
I created this background with two stamps---Friend Definition and Leafy Vines. The paper is from Basic Grey's Lucille Collection. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. I made a loopy flower with the jute (American Crafts). I stamped and diecut the butterflies and added some Liquid Pearl droplets.

 Lastly I want to bring your attention to a special card drive!
Just before Thanksgiving, Danielle from Neat and Tangled, heard news that a girl she went to high school with and her family had embarked on an incredibly difficult journey. They had discovered that their sweet little 2 year old boy, Grayson, had a tumor on his brain stem. Since then they have been on a roller coaster ride, and this is only part of the journey. Grayson will begin chemotherapy this month as the next stage of treatment. Through all of this, the family has stayed strong, hopeful, faithful and positive. And Grayson is a strong and spunky fighter :) Grayson's mom, Jackie, has a blog she keeps updated regularly, so you can get to know more about Grayson HERE.

 
(my cards for Aydan and Grayson, the "wishing you well" card will go to the parents) 
 Danielle wants to just light up Grayson's life with some serious happy mail! She talked to Jackie, and she informed her that Grayson and his brother love to get mail...and so, here we have the Happy Mail for Grayson Card Drive.

Grayson is super lucky to have a big brother, Aydan, who is 4 so make sure to send some awesome cards to him too! These boys love all things boy :) Rescue Bots, Geotracks, Angry Birds, Thomas the Train. Send these little men funny, happy, cards! We all know how much love goes into a handmade card, and even better how personalized they can be!" 
Here is the important info:

The drive will run from January 21 - February 28 
(If they arrive late because they are International that's okay too!)
 please send them here:

Grayson Savery and/or Aydan Savery
c/o Danielle Walls
P.O. Box 5808
Wilmington, DE 19808
 I truly hope the card drive will bring the little guys some needed smiles and encouragement.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

33 comments:

donna mikasa said...

I'm loving that Leafy Vine each time I see it used! Such a beautiful card--your background does indeed look like patterned paper! And your cards for Grayson and Aydan are fun and perfect for little boys!

Barb said...

Fab post tonight, V! Love that gorgeous card with the leafy vines - looks amazing with the friend definition! And your cards for Grayson and Aydan couldn't be cuter! They're sure to put a smile on both their faces!

pamela said...

Oh mannn those details are gorgeous!! What ink did you use... the color is beautiful <3333 And hopefully I have time to make a few cards for them this weekend!

Laura B. said...

So elegant, beautiful and so Virginia!

Michelle Lupton said...

Just beautiful!

Dawn Turley said...

Great cards. What a great card drive.

Lynn said...

The background is absolute perfection Virginia.

~amy~ said...

awesome cards!

Karen said...

awesome card...wonderful cause.

Besthobbyeva said...

Fantastic, fantastic background!! Wow so professional and I would have never thought to "double" stamp. The card is just beautiful. So sad about that little boy. Breaks my heart.

Laurie
serenityscrappers

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my Virginia your background is absolutely beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome creation of background paper! You sure succeeded! Beautiful~

Brenda said...

This is perfection!!! Your cards are always gorgeous...this one is my new favorite!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet!!!! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Your card is delightful, so so serene and gorgeous!
Thank you for doing this ... you have such a big heart!

conil said...

The more I see this leafy vine stamp the more I'm glad I bought it. Your card is lovely. And the card drive for Grayson shows what a big heart you have.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards Virginia! I love the soft green from that great leafy vine and what a fun card for the boys!

Maureen Morton said...

Love this graceful design, Virginia! And the colors are so great, too. This is a winner in my book, dear gal. Thanks for the word on the drive, too.

Sheila H said...

Your background paper is fantastic, Virginia! All the cards are really nice. The little boy cards are adorable.

Rose said...

such a beautiful background you created :)

Karen B. said...

Gosh your card is beautiful! And super sweet cards for the boys too!

fun stamping said...

Such beautiful cards. Grayson will certainly get a card from me:)

Cindy C. said...

Both bg paper and card you made are truely beautiful.

Nona said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia! Love the muted colors of your bg and how it makes the butterflies really pop. The cards for Grayson and Aydan are too cute! They will certainly make their day.

Robin K. said...

Such a lovely bg you created Virginia! And your cards for the kids are adorable!

Linda R said...

Your background look awesome. And I just love you cards for Aydan and Grayson. They are going to bring a smile to there faces.

Hugs~

Anita Rex said...

Virginia I have the leafy vines stamp set too and have been struggling with how to use it, you've truly inspired me! The boys will love the other cards too! :>

Greta said...

I have to tell you, Virginia--that may be my favorite card you've ever made! I adore the background you created & it's perfect for that printed paper. You've inspired me!

joscelyne cutchens said...

such a lovely card, those butterflies are just so, if you know what i mean.

Julie Hoffman said...

This is beautiful Virginia! Love the background you created. It looks like DP. Those butterflies are so cute with the liquid pearl droplets (I so need to get some of that). The cards you made to send to Grayson and Aydan are adorable. I hope to have some time to get some out to them too!

nancy jane said...

Just popped over from Moxie Fab World. This card is lovely. The style is so very graceful.

Alice Wertz said...

i am so in love with this beauty, V!!! gorgeous background. MUST. GET. LEAFY. VINES. =) will send cards out to Grayson and his brother, too. thanks for the information!!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)