Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blog Candy Winner...and The Contenders Blog Hop

Announcing the winner of my blog candy for the Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop!
The Love Jar stamp set and SRM Stickers go to....drum roll please~
Judy1223 said...
I had a feeling you'd be playing with that new stamp! You do silhouettes so well, Virginia! I adore this image and the cards you have made with it. So sweet! Thanks for a great hop today!
My 2nd agenda of the day is The Contender's Blog Hop
To give the reject contending card some love, the sweet and talented Annette Witherspoon is hosting The contenders Blog Hop. Kudos to Annette in starting this, so we can share our cards that we worked hard for. Due to the limited space of the publication (at least I'd like to think that), not all cards can be picked. I actually got very lucky in this round since my mojo was a bit low with the call. I only submitted two! And lo and behold, one of them got picked!
So this is the card that was not picked... 

 made with LOVE
I submitted this card for the designer challenge-use water. I chose the Basic Grey Paper (Serenade) to match the summery water-coloring effect. The tool that I used for this card is Tim Holtz Detailer Water Brush by Ranger. 


New feature in my blog: creative light bulb---DING!

Ding!---> Tim Holtz Detailer Water Brush by Ranger is not a cheap tool ($9.99), but if you have lots of Distress Inks and do not have any/few copics, you may consider acquiring this water-brush. It is a great coloring tool, in my opinion

 Last but certainly not the least, thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive feedback on my travel posts. It seems that you do enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy posting them! 
So yes, I will keep them coming :) 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  

34 comments:

Annette said...

congrats to Judy... and wow Virginia.. this is stunning..I love the background and love how you stamped the jar...really pretty...

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Virginia, what a wondeful surprise! I just finished shoveling the snow with my DH and finally sat down to cruise around blog land when I saw this! I am so thrilled to have won! I love your cards, too...that jar is a favorite!

Rose said...

what a fab card!! love the lemons in the jar :)

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

This is so pretty!! You rock the water coloring! I didn't even attempt to submit for that category! LOL! Thanks for linking this up and sharing it. Love it!

Laura Jane said...

That loooks like some FABULOUS lemonade!
YES>>>LOVE the waterbrush too!

paula laird said...

Love the card! It looks amazing. I'm also glad that you are keeping up the holiday posts. I was inspired by you to do the same on my blog. Thanks for the wonderful comments too. Love your light bulb moment as well.

pamela said...

Oh this card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I gotta get some mason jar stamps when the latest ones come out from CHA release!!

Lynn said...

Your mason jar is absolutely perfect! Love the sweet little sentiment.

Brenda said...

Stunning!

Sheila H said...

Your water coloring with distress inks is gorgeous, Virginia! Your card is so pleasing to the eye!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, love your colouring!

Lin said...

Congrats on the pub, Virginia! Love this one, too!

Cassie_lu said...

love the effect you created with the jar

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is beautiful! LOVE anything with a jar - and this is no exception!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Melissa Shea said...

Congrats Judy! And congrats to you too for a pub! I love this "other" card too, lol. The water color swirls are so calming :)

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Congrats Judy! And if this was the one rejected I'd love to see the other one published. To mis this one is perfect from any angle. I love it! TFS

Brenda & Ian said...

You can tell where my mind is. A quick pass over of my eye on the light bulb initially saw the top of a wine bottle.

Hmmmmm

Brenda & Ian said...

OOOPs, i also meant to say I think the light bulb addition to your blog will be excellent.

Thanks

BabyBokChoy said...

Fantabulous mason jar!!! great great card!

Stamping Cafe said...

I love your totally gorgeous card, Virginia! Your watercolor mason jar is fabulous, LOVE it! Love the creative light bulb too! :)

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, we are all very excited to move back. My only concern is how well my kids are going to adjust, but I think we will be fine! Definitely will post lots of neat places and yummy food from Taiwan! :)

Lalo said...

Super super lovely!!! You used "Water perfectly too" Fabulous card :)

Cindy C. said...

So cute, looks like a jar of sunshine!

MarcyK924 said...

Woo Hoo on your happy mail, but I do love this one too! Wasn't sure about the jar stamp when I first saw it come out, but I LOVE LOVE the way you used it! XOXO

And CONGRATS Judy!!

Helen F. said...

Congrats to Judy!
Love this jar of love, Virginia! Fabulous water coloring.
It certainly looks like a winner to me :o)

Cris said...

Super cute jar! Beautiful card!

Julie Hoffman said...

This is adorable Virginia, it reminds me of Summer! Love the soft pretty colors and the pretty twine!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love all the yellow, great work with the coloring!

Veronica Z said...

I also can't believe this wasn't picked up! I love your watercoloring! Beautiful card Virginia!

Kelly Griglione said...

oooh, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I think it's one of my favorites of yours!! So artsy and colorful, but in a subtle way from the watercolors. It's got the "wow" factor! Can't wait to see your other card!

Katie Gehring said...

Virginia, this is gorgeous! Love your watercolor technique- it's so artistic!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun Virginia. Make me smile.

Maureen Morton said...

I can honestly say, Virginia, this card is all wet! Ha! I can just see the liquid effects and it is a real winner in my book. Lots of fun, as always.

Lin said...

Congrats, V, on getting another card picked up for publication! I like this one, so I can't wait to see the one they chose.

Alice Wertz said...

Congrats on the pub once again!! cant' wait to see it in the mag!! =) really like the watercolor effect you created with the orange slices. such a sweet card!! none for me this time, but will definitely be looking for yours!!