Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Traveling with Alexia

My little stuff toy called Alexia came along on the trip with me to Spain and Italy. Alexia was created and given to me by my talented blog friend Alexandra S. M. Isn't Alexia adorable? When Alexia is not traveling, she sits in my craft rooms window sill and that explains why she is a little faded from the sun exposure! This little cat is filled with lavender and always smells fabulous....and travels beautifully (never complains about being tired or hungry!)
From the following photos, you now get the idea of my last big trip that took place during Christmas and the New Year. Our trip started in Barcelona where we boarded the ship. First post of call was Livorno, Italy. And that was the only day that was cloudy/rainy during the entire trip! Lucky us to have balmy sunny days :)
Cruising with my toy cat Alexia--Port of Call #1
Then we were off to Port of Call #2--Civitavecchia, Italy! I felt that we didn't spend enough time in Rome simply because there are SO much to see. But wait till you hear what we did in that one full day....it was AMAZING!
Cruising with my toy cat Alexia--Port of Call #2
After Rome, we then visited Port of Call #3 and 4--Naples and Sicily. We get to see the country side of Italy. Pompeii and Mount. Etna were our destinations. 
Cruising with my toy cat Alexia--Port of Call #3, 4
Then it was Port of call #5-Malta! Strolling on the streets in Malta gave us a sense of what it's like living on this island.
Cruising with my toy cat Alexia--Port of Call #5
After two more sea days, our last Port of call was Palma, Majorca. We were amazed at the beautiful cathedrals and parks.... it was such a pleasant visit!
Cruising with my toy cat Alexia--Port of Call # 6
After the 11-night cruise, we returned to Barcelona for two more days of visit. I absolutely love Barcelona! It has everything that a tourist can ever ask for--fabulous food, awesome museums and fantastic shopping!
Alexia5
This post gives you what my upcoming travel posts will entail. I shall do a more in-depth virtual tour of each Port of Call with you
Until then....Ciao

26 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love it! Alexandra is wonderful and so are these photos!

Laura B. said...

How I wish I was Alexia and could travel the world!!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love this idea a lot. And the pictures came out great!! And Alexia is awesome, nice work Alexandra :)

Melanie said...

What fun! Your trip sounds divine . . . I can't wait to hear more details :)

Tasnim said...

Aww..Alexia looks so cute in all those pictures! Looks like you had a super amazing vacation, looking forward to more photos :)

paula laird said...

What great pictures :) it sounds like you had a wonderful time

Tracey McNeely said...

Everything about your trip sounds wonderful Virginia, looks like Alexa had the time of her life!

Vic Lau said...

Super cute idea to bring Alexa along. The pictures are beautiful and I can't wait to see more of your adventures :)

Barb said...

Love it all so far, V! Can't wait for more! :)

Maureen Morton said...

Great pix - thanks for sharing. Alexia must have some passport!

Robin K. said...

Can't wait for the in-depth photo posts!!!! My hubby and I are in total agreement with you about Barcelona- we only spent 3 days there and it wasn't nearly enough!!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Fabulous trip and photos! Thanks for sharing!

Annette said...

this is so fun...Alexandria is amazing..

Sheila H said...

Alexandria is so cute! Are you familiar with Flat Stanley? That's what your pictures of Alexandria remind me of :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest! And these pictures are hilarious!!! Love it!

fun stamping said...

This blog post is hilarious!

Rachel W K said...

this is way too cute. i wish i was as well-traveled as alexia is!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling little cat from Alexandra, Virginia! Love your trip photos - looks like you have a marvelous time!!

Rose said...

how fun to have Alxia along on your awesome trip!!! :)
love all the photos

donna mikasa said...

How fun that Alexia traveled with the Lu family! She's one lucky kitty! Love how she's in all the photos, too! Can't wait to see more...

Karen from MI said...

Oh my GOSH!!! TOO, TOO, TOO CUTE!!! I LOVE all of your photos and this little "friend" adds just an extra-dose of CUTENESS!! What a SMILE MAKER!! :) xo

alexandra s.m. said...

Dear Virginia,

Speechless...I am speechless!
You and Your Family are so special!!
I cannot begin to tell you how touch i am...hmmm...my eyes are all teary...

You are simply BEAUTIFUL Virginia!

with Love,

Kelly Griglione said...

I would not expect anything less from Alexandra! She is one super-talented lady. How fun you turned this into a flat stanley adventure. WONDERFUL photos, Virginia! And hey, what were the Romans doing carving Legos in Naples/Sicily anyway?!?

Alice Wertz said...

hee... Alexia is quite a good travel and a very lucky one!! love those photos already and i can't wait to read all the stories! =) thanks for sharing, V!! waving here! =)

ivy said...

Haha! So cute! Move over flat Stanley....a make room for alexia!!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Wow that looks like an AMAZING trip! And how funny and cool that it was the Serenade of the Seas!! She's a good boat :)