Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bubble Wrap--Take 2!

 If you are interested in my travel post about Vatican City, please click here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can say that I have a little obsession with bubble wrap! After making this card, I had another idea, that is, to to stamp some random color prints with bubble wrap! The idea kept bubbling in my head and would not go away. After many trials and errors, I almost gave it up entirely. After all, bubble wrap is not a stamp (duh!). A few days ago, I gave it another go...
 The reason I find the print idea intriguing is the prints can NEVER be duplicated in any shape or form. That also means, the printing can be just a hot mess-blotchy, unruly and unsightly. Therefore, it is a challenge to make the randomness make sense-- (OK...are you still here?). And where do we see beauty in this? It is the irregularity of this printing method that makes a handmade card so appealing! I think I am talking to myself at this point (LOL)!

Anyhow, this is my card with bubble wrap
you color my world 
Inks: Neon inks (orange, pink) by Hero Arts, Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Feathered Peacock
Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps (sentiment from Happy Hexagons)
Pattern paper: Pink Paislee
Others: Banner diecut by Simon Says Stamps, mini Staples (Making Memories), gems
 Ding---> keep a stack of scrap paper on your craft desk. Stamp your ideas on the scrap paper and test them out. That way you will not waste your precious card stock (I am sure you all do that already).

 And this is what Ryan has to say....(heehee!)
 This is my last entry for "Stamp with a Homemade Stamp" Challenge over Moxie Fab World. Good thing the deadline is coming up, or I will just keep going... :)
 Thanks so much for stopping by!  

37 comments:

Karen B. said...

You are so creative, and what a way to showcase the neon! Love this!

Annette said...

loving the bubble wrap technique..your card is awesome.. and the eye candy is not bad too..hehe

Barb said...

So creative and so darn CLEVER!! I love the way the inked dots from the bubble wrap look, Virginia! This is absolutely fabulous! And I love your adorable banner too! Did I already say I love this card? - I love this card! :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ahhhhhhhh!!!! I am laughing so hard right now! I LOVE it!!! Now you have Ryan and Dr. John! What's next?! You're the best Virginia, and I LOVE the idea of using bubble wrap with such fun vibrant colors!
Hugs,
Lisa

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

lol, this post has me cracking up Virginia!! Love the results of your labour - the pattern is awesome and really pops! Pin not intended!!

Ginny said...

I totally love how this came out!! Very cool.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I love this! Graphically cool and "hot" at the same time! And now I'll hunt for some bubble wrap envelopes!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love how this turned out!

Laura B. said...

This is SO cool! I'm amazed how your photography captures the neon ink so well, too! It looks awesome! That last photo of hunky Ryan totally made me laugh out loud!

Laura Jane said...

OH DO keep going! I LOVE your ideas.. DING!!

Dawn Turley said...

Love the look you achieved Virginia. Must remember this one.

Greta said...

How do you think of these things?! Creative genius, Virginia! Your sticking with it paid off--this is great!

lenny said...

This is really great!!
Love your stamping with bubble wrap!!
How clever!!
PS: I totally agree with Ryan: love your stamping with bubble wrap!!
Cool badge!! LOL

Lalo said...

LOL...That Ryan really appreciates his crafts, doesn't he...hehehe :)
I was totally following you and totally "get it". All the bubble wrap randomness turned out AWESOME. LOVE this idea and card!!!

Lynn said...

seriously...can I borrow your brain just for a day? Your creativity amazes me!

Jill Norwood said...

Love it! I will need to try this out! It is so fun and my son would get a charge out of stamping with bubble wrap! :)

Jeanette M. said...

Your card turned out beautifully! I'm glad you gave it another try - it looks great!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very pretty,thanks for sharing...

Sheila H said...

This is just perfect, Virginia - a great card.

BabyBokChoy said...

I love working with bubblewrap, but i confess it was such a long time ago, you have inspired me, i gots to dig that stuff out!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love it! And you are making me think I need more colors of neon ink!

Melissa Shea said...

The stamping and layering with those colors is fantastic! So creative, I love the pattern of the bubble wrap!

Kelly Griglione said...

Isn't it amazing how the most random things take so much work?!? Fab result though ... your card really shines!

stlbarb said...

Your cards are so creative--usually much better than any of the ideas you are emulating. I just wish you would allow us to "Pin" your blog posts or save your pictures to file. It is very unlikely I will go back through your blog to view past artwork when needing your inspiration. Thank you.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

What a fabulous idea! TFS! :)

VikkiCH said...

what a terrific card with its bright colors & design! love the ideas!

Maureen Morton said...

So darn unique and you make me chuckle big time, Virginia! What don't you use for your creations? Love the neon and even those little staples are perfect. Amazing design!

Angi said...

Love all of the fabulous colors!

conil said...

What a truly happy card. The bubble wrap is really you friend.

Anita Rex said...

Absolutely love how this bubble wrap card turned out! Fabulous job!

Pamela said...

Hahahahah this is so awesome :D bubble wrap really makes a pretty stamp don't they? Plus with all the online ordering and buying, we are definitely going to get lots of bubble wrap!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Get out of town!! You made this with bubble wrap? The awesome stuff that everyone loves to pop? Hello! This is way awesome. Love the texture, the colors, the design ... everything!

Julie Hoffman said...

You had me at Bubble Wrap. This is beautiful. You sure are getting creative making your own stamps. Love the fun layout and bright cheerful colors!

Rose said...

this is so cool!!! :)

ok who is Ryan??? lol

chrystinanoel.com said...

Good use of Ryan :)

Alice Wertz said...

these colors make me happy! beautiful "random" stamping and love love the fab design! superb card, V!!