Friday, February 15, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge # 90

Hello! It's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge time! It's a very exciting time for us at CAS-ual Fridays because we are adding a few more design team members! Let's give these talented members a warm welcome and you can check them out here!
So ....onto the challenge! The theme is to use black and white and one color of your choice!  I chose my favorite color--orange!
Dream...then Do 
 This card was a lot of fun to create!
Ding---> How did I do it?
1. embossed with the leaf stamps from Cas-ual Elegance in white
2. color the leaves with an orange Prisma color pencil
3. emboss the sentiment in orange (Zing)
4. ink the edges of the black card stock with white chalk ink
5. stamp the inside of the card to "dress it up"
6. adhere the bow on top with Glossy Accent, add gems

And let's see what Ryan has to say about the chalkboard paint...
 He sure understands a girl who crafts... ;)

Please link up your creation to CAS-ual Fridays by noon, Thursday, Feb. 21 (Eastern Time).
Thanks so much for stopping by!

24 comments:

Wida said...

Everytime I come here, I just laugh. I love this feature and great lightbulb tips!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Great card Virginia, I love the colour scheme! I agree with Wida, the lightbulb moments are great!

Sheila H said...

I love the orange with the black and white, Virginia. And the little bit we can see of the inside of your card looks great :)

joy said...

You sure know how to make us smile, Virginia, with those cute Ryan quips! Love your card!!

Karen said...

What a neat card...you are too funny! giggle.....

BabyBokChoy said...

Thanks for the tips!!! very goodlooking card, like Ryan :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks great! I love the stamping I can see peeking out from the inside too!

MarcyK924 said...

SWOON! I HEART this card, V! That orange Zing looks amazing on the dark cs! It looks navy in the photo, but I am color blind with navy and black! GORGEOUS!

Rose said...

beautiful card and i also love your light bulb moments :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Great card, i am loving the trendy chalkboard look!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful! I love the chalkboard trend right now and I love your bright orange!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Virginia!

Melissa Shea said...

Beautiful! Love the colors! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the chalkboard look, the tips and Ryan!

Laura B. said...

Love this chalkboard look with orange and how you stamped on the inside of the card!! Ryan is so smart:)

Dawn Turley said...

Love your Ryan quips Virginia. He knows you so well!!!!! Adorable use of the black board technique here.

Linda R said...

Another wonderful creation my friend.. You know it has to be great just ask Ryan. LOL.

Brenda said...

Love that pretty leaf stamp Virginia!

Julie Hoffman said...

This is beautiful Virginia! LOVE the embossed leaves with the orange colored centers. Great color combo and of course the Chalkboard technique is fabulous - those edges look great!

mimijudy1975 said...


The vines look so pretty embossed in white against the black cardstock. I love how the orange Zing makes the sentiment stand out ! Your directions are Super ,Virginia !!

Maureen Morton said...

fun card, Virginia - I've yet to hop on the chalkboard wagon (always slow to trend), but I love the orange combo. Sweet!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Those leaves look so elegant on the black bacground, I love your card Virginia. TFS

Kelly Griglione said...

Ahh, you're using bias tape ... I totally need to get my hands on that stuff. Looks so heavenly. Love your choice of orange for the "plus one!"

Alice Wertz said...

love the chalkboard effect and the pops of oranges. really like that you stamped on the inside, too. such a wonderful touch! lovely card!