Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mediterranean Cruise (Part 7)

We are getting toward the end of my Mediterranean cruise. At today's first stop, we are exploring....Malta! We were at Valletta, Malta's historical capital city, for a few hours. Here are the highlights!

 The view of the harbor and coast

 David and Stephanie--looking out to the harbor
(photo credit: Dr. John)
As we strolled along the streets, Dr. John couldn't help noticing the popular last name Azzopardi amongst the shops. Our best man Peter's family originally came from Malta and that is exactly his last name!
And of course, we had to sample the scrumptious treats at the street stand...
These are my absolute favorites! (photo credit: Stephanie Lu)
Two days later, we were off to Palma (Majorca, Spain). The island is simply breathtaking! It is a popular place for European retirees and celebrities (no sighting of Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones who reportedly reside there) 
 La Seu, Palma Cathedral, built between 1229 and 1346.
 We had a great time exploring the church area and did some window shopping.
 The details of the door and windows are especially captivating.
 LOVE the display!
 David had to sample the local ice cream! As you can tell, they are truly YUMMY!
  Next we'll be back to Barcelona (where the trip started). We spend two more days in Barcelona after the cruise. I can't wait to share the photos of this beautiful city with you! Thanks so much for stopping by! 

23 comments:

Barb said...

Another AWESOME post, V! Sure looks like you had beautiful weather, and those treats look totally delicious! Looking forward to Barcelona! :)

Dahliamemories CW said...

beautiful picture from your magnificiant trip. Those pictures with food sure made me hungry - I should not browsing google reader late at night!

Lalo said...

SO on your next trip will you adopt me? Just wondering! AMAZING photos and I see everyone in your family had a hand at that.

aaga said...

Oh, how I'd like to go to Spain. And you are speeding up my decision-making about when to begin learning my 4th language (namely Spanish), thanks!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

You are making me really yearn for a Summer holiday Virginia! Malta looks amazing, maybe I should consider going there?!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Another great virtual tour! Thanks for sharing!

Sheila H said...

Your photos continue to captivate me, Virginia. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I always enjoy seeing photos of your travels, Virginia. The pastry and ice cream shots are to die for! YUM!

Harriet said...

Beautiful pictures, Virginia, the blue of the harbor....beautiful.

Maureen Morton said...

So amazing - great memories!

Dianne said...

Well this whole trip has been captivating to me thanks for sharing it with us...

Melissa Shea said...

ahhh, I needed that little travel break :) gorgeous photos :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

yummmmm.... wow.... oh hello louis... and yummmm.... that's my reactions to all of the above! :) Love when you share your travels!

Karen from MI said...

So BEAUTIFUL, Virginia! You've traveled extensively and
I'm sure you must have your favorite place, but this one looks to me to be really FUN, with some DELICIOUS food! :) Stay safe.....Love, Karen xo

Rose said...

beautiful photos!!! all that food looks yummy :)

mimijudy1975 said...


Your pictures are So impressive. i love how you are able to capture the beauty of the places you visited. What beautiful memories your family have of your trips together. This looks like a beautiful city. The pictures of the icecream treats made me wish we had something like that here in Houston !
Thank you so very much for the time you take to share your photos and information of your trip.

Robin K. said...

Stunning photos Virginia! I am just drooling over all those delectable looking sweets!

Tasnim said...

Oh my that view of the harbor and the coast was breathtaking!! and the TREATS!!! my mouth was watering just by looking at them! I bet they were amazing! Do you still have some? :D
Your pictures are beautiful and I love how you presented them!

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous travel photos!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wait, it's almost over?! I'm not done yet! You've got me totally addicted! And how trendy are the gold flowers in the Louis Vuitton window? They sure know what they're doing : )

donna mikasa said...

I just love your travel posts! Shared a link to your blog with my sister who'll be going on her first Baltic Sea cruise. She thoroughly enjoyed her visit here and she's inspired to take good photos like the Lu family.

Wida said...

such a magnificent trip. loved the food pics :)

Alice Wertz said...

looks like you had such wonderful time! love love the pretty food photos!! totally had me drooling... =)