Saturday, February 2, 2013

Stamp with a Homemade Stamp

I love the many theme challenges in this Paper Crafts issue. One of them that was highlighted by Cath over Moxie Fab World is "Stamp with a Homemade Stamp". Previously, I made a set of cards with Napa Lettuce (see here). Thank you for overwhelmingly positive comments!

Well, this time I am too lazy to actually make a homemade stamp, so I resort to the simple items that are lying around in my house
(drum roll please....)----->bubble wrap.
 you are so loved
The sentiment is from CAS-ual Friday's Stamp set called Casual Elegance.  I love the elegant font with this design. And....who knew that bubble wrap can look this sophisticated ?
 Ding---> when you are in need of a background stamp FAST, simply reach for a non-porous surface such as bubble wrap! You can stamp ANY color, any SIZE....with bubble wrap. It's re-usable and disposable!

Lastly,  if you are interested in voting for the Muse Challenge #2 (details here)
My card is no.14 ( just in case you are voting for me--heehee). You can vote here
  It begins at 12 noon EST on Saturday, February 2. and ends on Sunday at 12 noon EST. The results of voting will be announced on Monday, February 4.

Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Angi said...

This is so fun and creative Virginia. I love the elegant look of your card!!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh my, oh my, Virginia, this is fab-U-lous!! Is your bubble wrap really close together? Oh, or maybe you just pressed really hard down on them. Whatever, it's a GREAT texture! If I were to use any bubble wrap that had been laying around our house it would certainly give a very asymmetric result (boys!)

lenny said...

This is really fabulous!
Stamping with bubble wrap...you're a GENIUS!!!
Awesome card!Happy weekend!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Love the bright fun look of this Virginia! The bubble wrap stamping looks cool!!

Jackie said...

I need some bubble wrap, NOW!!! This is such a terrific look Virginia! Your card has beautiful clean lines and the large red bow really finishes it off perfectly!

Lynn said...

Wow!!! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me...as soon as I saw the title post I thought...how is she going to wow me now and man Virginia...this is so cool!! Love the design!

Kim S said...

There is some small chance that I might have thought to reach for bubble wrap to stamp with (I never would have thought of napa lettuce!!) but it wouldn't have occurred to me that it could look so gorgeous!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love it! It's so pret and elegant! Great color combo too! Love you you're always stretching my boundaries!

Brenda said...

Super fun technique and I love your results! I've used this technique with preschool children and it's always a big hit!

Wida said...

ok, that sentiment is delicious and I do like this creative lightbulb segment, almost as much as the Ryan Gossling segment! hehe

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great technique! Fun card! I need to get out the bubble wrap!

Jennifer said...

Brilliant! That bubble wrap looks really cool =)

Maureen Morton said...

I hear Don Ho singing "Tiny Bubbles", Virginia! This is so darn creative! Love that font and how you dolled up this sweet card.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I haven't stamped with bubble wrap in a very long time. You have definitely inspired me to pull some out and play. Your card is just beautiful, Virginia. :)

donna mikasa said...

Who would have thunk that bubble wrap could indeed look so elegant?? Now I wish I didn't throw away all of mine... :( Such pretty colors, too!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
I tried this with paint last year and loved it ;-)
Love how clean your card looks!!

Sheila H said...

I' e been meaning to try this technique, Virginia. I love the bright red bow - it's a bright contrast to the blue ink.

Linda R said...

Love how you used the bubble wrap to make your card. It looks wonderful..

Hugs~

Annette said...

so AWESOME...love how you used the bubble wrap...great idea and really looks awesome..

Melanie said...

I have this issue and have been wanting to try the challenges in them. I love seeing all that you are doing with them :)

Katie Gehring said...

This is fantastic! Inspired take on the challenge!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Just awesome Virginia!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Rose said...

WOW!! love the bubble wrap stamping :)

Alice Wertz said...

very elegant and clever! you are just so creative, girl! congrats on your Moxie Fab win, too! =)