Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wedding Project with SRM Stickers!

This is my 2nd post today! For Runway Inspired Challenge, please click here or scroll down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 In case you missed the SRM DT announcement yesterday...that is, I am back to be part of the SRM design team! I was on the team from 2011-12 for the entire year. It was such an awesome experience, so when I was asked to join for three-month term, I had to say YES!

 Today I am most excited to share some wedding projects with you. For the ENTIRE projects, please go to SRM Blog to view and comment.

I am sharing part of my project--the wedding card
True Love
I love the image from this Hero Arts Stamp set called "Friend-You're the Best".
  It was meant for a Valentine's card, but I think it's also perfect for wedding card. 
 Ding---> You can get more use of your stamps if you can alter the sentiment from the stamp. For instance, I first embossed the entire image in white, then I cut out the embossed sentiment ( Friend, you're the BEST) and applied SRM Stickers "True Love" over. Voila!

PS: I did consider cutting out the sentiment from the stamp by using an Exacto knife, but it looks too risky as I may damage the stamp entirely, so I opted for the easier route (cut the paper)!

I would really really appreciate if you can stop by SRM Blog to leave me some love there! I left some more tips about how to work with SRM Stickers...so go check that out! And do sign up as SRM Blog followers as there are tons of inspirations and frequent giveaways
Thanks so much for stopping by!

20 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Wow the detail in this stamp is amazing! Love how you cut a window to replace the sentiment with your own!

Sheila H said...

I love the white image for your card. Cutting out the sentiment and using a sticker worked nicely. Thanks for another lesson in stretching our stamps :)

lenny said...

Clever!!
Beautiful wedding card!!

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful Wedding card idea with this stamp, Virginia!!

Melissa Shea said...

oh my word, did you really emboss that image? I'll go see over at SRM. Gorgeous card, LOVE blue and white together. Congrats on the 2nd term too!

Barb said...

It's a beautiful card, V! Love the way you altered the sentiment, and this color combo is so pretty!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a gorgeous image! Love the white on Navy, Virginia. :)

conil said...

What you did with this stamp is awesome. Lovely wedding card...clever of you to alter the image.

donna mikasa said...

What a gorgeous wedding card! I love the Victorian feel and the rich colors remind me of Copenhagen china! Beautifully done!

Julie Hoffman said...

Beautiful wedding card Virginia! Heading over to the SRM blog now :)

Rose said...

congrats!!!!
stunning card :)

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! SO HAPPY that you said, "YES" to designing more with the stickers! You certainly inspire me with your creative use of these beautiful sentiments/images!! LOVE your card and helpful hints. xo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally awesome work!!! :D

Linda R said...

Congrats on being back with SRM.. I bet they are happy to have you. Your card here looks so pretty.

Hugs~

Besthobbyeva said...

Congrats to you!!! So exciting!

This card is absolutely gorgeous and what a super clever idea you had!! I would have looked at the stamp and said this won't work but it works perfectly!

Laurie

Angi said...

Love the beautiful details!

Cindy C. said...

So fabulous and elegant!

Maureen Morton said...

I see the influence of your travels in this dear & elegant card, Virginia! Also a huge congrats with your cabbage winner at Moxie Fab. You rock, girlfriend!!!1

Jackie said...

Elegant card Virginia, the white embossing on blue is so pretty!

Alice Wertz said...

so pretty and elegant! love that you used the sticker in the cut out. such a wonderful way to stretch your stamp!