Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A layout--I love you, Dad!

Just sharing a layout that I made recently. My nephew Stephen is the new Dad to the almost-one-year old Apphia. I love how playful Stephen is with his darling daughter. You can totally see that sweetness with these photos!
I love you, Dad!
As you can see, Stephen just played with his daughter as if there is not a care in the world that he needs to do. Stephen is actually a very busy guy as he is a doctor-in-training! I thought the set from "Be Silly" is perfect for this!
I also added two owls and butterfly in this layout. Since I am making layout from the approach of a stamper, I didn't use any pattern paper or ready-made embellishments. Simple! For me, there is no right or wrong in terms of how you scrapbook. I just let the photos and stamping speak for themselves. That's the best kind of scrapbooking in my view. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

20 comments:

Barb said...

Such adorable photos, V! Love this colorful, fun layout! Makes me smile! :)

Rachel W K said...

So cute love those pictures

Stampn'HI said...

Such an adorable layout. The captions truly convey the emotions in the photos!

lenny said...

So sweet!!
Love this layout!! Cute pictures!!
Great design and embellies!! :)

Lynn said...

Perfection. I love this layout and the picture capture their lives perfectly. Smiling from ear to ear!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your layout and how you use the stamping. The way you used the things to do box is so creative!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

So cute Virginia! As usual you just have a complete knack for all the little details that just pull all the colours and layout together!

Sheila H said...

I love the colors and design of your layout, Virginia. Your stamped embellishments are darling. This is a cute and fun layout.

Katie said...

So cute. Dad is probably so tired he can sleep wherever he stops.
Keep these cute layouts coming.

Kanan Pandya said...

Love this layout, Virginia. Such a beautiful and special layout, love the cute pictures and details on it, soft colors looks beautiful. :-)

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet layout! Love the photos! I love that you are scrapping this album for them. What a labor of love and something that they will really cherish!

Melissa Shea said...

so sweet! love seeing awesome parents! she will love seeing these LO's when she's older :)

Linda R said...

Oh my gosh what a cute page. But I have to say I think that photo steels the show. So Sweet..

Hugs~

Maureen Morton said...

What a dear layout and such a sweet girl! Wish I could give her - and you - a big hug! Great colors, too. Happy Easter, dear pal.

Greta said...

Sweet page with those precious pictures, Virginia!

Annette said...

this is really precious... love all the layout that you have been doing.. Thank you so much for your sweet comment.. I appreciate it Virginia.. :)

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous LO Virginia.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! A layout!! FUN! I love the colors of the owls-- and those pics are precious!! FAB job, Virginia:) HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your page Virginia!
They're so fortunate to have you scrap these wonderful moments!

Alice Wertz said...

really cute and precious photos!! how sweet that you are making them into scrapbook pages! love how you framed the pictures and the stamping details are fabulous! also really like your approach to making layouts! =)