Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Layout Made with Scraps!

 Got scraps?
Make a layout/ card!

 I am sharing a layout that I made over the weekend. As I cleaned up my craft desk, I found so many scraps that I had been accumulating. What to do? While I was looking for ways to either use or toss them, this layout was then "born". 

Previously I had used the alphabet diecut and had lots of leftover alphabets. Now it seems to be the perfect time to use them. This photo shows my brother-in-law (Dr. John's older brother Calvin) and sister-in-law Florence having fun with their first granddaughter Apphia.  Isn't it precious? I purposely had their names hidden in the alphabet frame (can you spy them?). I am hoping some day that Apphia can find her grandparents' names that were hidden in this layout. I did spell out Apphia's name in pink, so she can easily identify that herself :)

I did some altering for the stamp sentiment. See the original stamp here

I'm so glad I have you in my life
Stamps: (Only You) Cas-ual Fridays Stamps, (Alphabet diecut, My favorite, Wood Background) Hero Arts
Pattern paper: Basic Grey (Knee High), Studio Calico
Accessories: SRM Sticker, sequins (Neat and Tangled---> thanks, Donna M.)

This truly is a page with scraps. Love that about scrapbooking! By the way, I am loving the entries over MUSE challenge. Check them out if you have some time! Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Great idea Virginia. The letters looks awesome as a frame round the photo.

Lynn said...

I love the alphabet letters framing the picture!

Jennifer said...

Fun layout, Virginia! I love the alphabet letters as a frame and am totally digging how you modified the stamp to make it just what you needed for your layout -- super creative! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love how you used all the letters to frame the photo!

Sheila H said...

The alphabet frame is genius, Virginia. It's so sweet that you spelled out all their names. You really personalized the layout!

Tracey McNeely said...

The alpha letters make such a great frame Virginia! Love your layout!

Barb said...

I love how you used the alphabet dies, V! So clever! It'll be an "interactive" page for Apphia when she gets a bit older - so fun! Love that darling photo too! :)

Annette said...

awww Virginia this is amazing.. I love that you are scrapbooking... love how you used the letters... totally fabulous..

Harriet said...

Virginia.....excellent idea and the page is really great.

lenny said...

This layout is totally fun!!
Love the stamped borders, the alphabets, ...very pretty!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love the outter stamped edges! really loving when you share your layouts!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Awesome layout Virginia, and such a great and inspiring way to use your scraps!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun and clever layout, Virginia! I love all the pink elements, and how you placed their names around the photo, which is 'fabulous' ~ Looks like grandma and grandpa are having a blast! I'm sure each of them are going to treasure this memory for many years to come!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout Virginia! Love how you stamped around the edges and the way you used the alpha dies is so clever, especially hiding the names in there!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your layouts are always fantastic. Love the all the "alphy" letters.

Kanan Pandya said...

Love this Layout, Virginia. Cute and clever. So special picture too. :-)

Laura B. said...

This looks so cool! I love how you used the die cut letters! Great idea!

Alice Wertz said...

that is such a sweet photo! love that you are documenting this for them. beautiful pops of pink and the alpha frame is fabulous! awesome idea. you truly are an inspiration, girl!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! Boy, if I didn't "pop in" on your blog on the PERFECT DAY!!! Of course I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your layouts and this one is EXTRA SWEET!!! What a GREAT photo of Dr. John's brother and Florence!! :) :) I just LOVE what you designed!! I think that you really should start to submit to SCRAPBOOKING MAGAZINES!!! :) You're the BEST!! :) xoxo

*Jennyfer Leung* said...

What a great layout Virginia! Love the scraps:-)

donna mikasa said...

This does NOT look like it was made from scraps! It's awesome, Virginia! And I'm glad to see you using the sequins, too!

Greta said...

Love your layouts, Virginia!

Barb Murphy said...

Fabulous design! I love the diecut alpha frame...genius layout!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh how smart of you to hide the names, and make the "random" letter scraps have purpose! A great design element and message too!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh how smart of you to hide the names, and make the "random" letter scraps have purpose! A great design element and message too!