Saturday, April 27, 2013

laugh giggle be silly

We should always laugh, giggle, be silly whenever possible--every day! Easier said than done, maybe?
I am sharing a layout that will make you smile. This is a photo of my nephew Stephen holding his darling daughter Apphia--the star of  all my recent layouts! Isn't she a cutie? I also love the joyful expressions of Stephen :)
laugh giggle be silly
I started off with a bright orange (Letter Jacket) masked background (Mister Huey's Chevron mask). After I did that, I realized that I don't have a "game plan" as to what to do with that super bright background....grrr! After looking at the photo pile, I found this photo does seem to have a bright hue and colors...so I went to work. In order to tone down the colors, I used all neutral colors to balance the page. With the stamping from Be Silly, Frame and Feathers, I created a half "frame". I also stamped Etched Daisy on my old dictionary and then cut them out to balance to layout. I added some faux stitching around the sentiment from SRM Stickers --live love laugh [today]. 
 I am actually happy how it turned out! 

 On a personal note, we are so relieved and happy that my son David has finally got a co-op job to work at Institute for Quantum Computing this summer.  It has been quite a process since he started the job search early this year. As a parent, it's hard to see the kids struggle and face rejections. Thank goodness, he is excited to start this summer job that he has been eying . The best thing is he gets to live at home and can still make his Lemon pies, squares and cookies! Yup, I am a happy Mama!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

25 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love love this layout! The bg is so creative!

Laura B. said...

So pretty! I love your layouts. That bright orange chevron looks awesome.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Gorgeous layout ... love the framing with the stamps.

Barb said...

So glad David found a job - sounds perfect for him too! And I know how happy you are to have him home for awhile - and not just because of his baking skills! :)

Love this new layout of Apphia! She gets cuter every time I see her! Your sprayed chevron masking looks amazing and I love all the other fabulous details!

Stampn'HI said...

Fabulous layout and love those dictionary flowers! It really does balance everything out.

Dawn Turley said...

This is a stunning LO Virginia. The orange really makes the photo pop

Lynn said...

Woohoo! Doing a big happy dance for David! So fabulous! Love your sweet layout...the smiles say it all!

joy said...

I'm happyfor you that David will be able to live at home this summer, Virginia!

The bright orange background echoes the bright flower in Apphia's hair and I love all the other details your added to make this layout. Apphia is just a little doll baby!!!

Mary Ann said...

Love your layout,You cann't help but smile,she is a little doll...

Harriet said...

Lovely page, Virginia, big smiles...happiness. Congrats to David and best wishes too.

Christina said...

Congrats to David on his summer job! You must be thrilled to have him close to home, too. :)
I am always in awe of your carefree style of scrapbooking, Virginia. Loving that masked pattern on the background and the newsprint flowers!

jusaweecatnap said...

Your LO turned out beautifully. Such a sweet, happy face. I know how you feel about your son. Happy it all turned out, for both of you.

~amy~ said...

cutest layout ever.
Congrats to your boy! How exciting and seriously, congrats to you since he'll be home baking up a storm:)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun layout, Virginia! I love the flowers and your masked background is amazing! I can see why you enjoy creating layouts for Apphis...she is precious!

Congrats to Stephen on his summer job! I know you must be relieved and very proud of him!

conil said...

This LO epitomizes the joy on your great-niece's and nephew's faces. So very happy. Congrats to David...maybe he could ocme to my house and bake for us (yum!).

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia a huge congratulations to David, I soo understand as a parent how hard it is to hear the no's. Great news. You layout is full of giggles and I love that you used the spray ink!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love masks/mists and love how you balanced the brightness/boldness of this layout, what a sweet photo and yay for David!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love LOVE your page with all the happy splatters!
Congrats to david! pfew...

BabyBokChoy said...

Coolest use of sprayable ink, it's so awesome!

MarcyK924 said...

What is it when you have a never-ending supply of creativity and an adorable subject to work with??? Give up??? THIS precious layout of Apphia! She is SO going to appreciate her Auntie when she grows up and sees these pages you've created! Adopt me???

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

what a fun layout I love the misted background! and congratulations to your son!!!!

lenny said...

Wooooow! This would make me giggle too!!
What a FAB layout!! Love the colors, the design, the embellies, ...and that gorgeous photo!!
Congrats to your son!!
Enjoy your Sunday, Virginia!! :)

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun layout, Virginia! Love the Mr. Huey spritzing and that adorable photo! And congrats to David on scoring that job! Way to go!

Alice Wertz said...

love the stamping you did to frame the sweet photo. really like how you used muted colors to balance out the brighter hue. darling layout, V!

so happy to hear that David gets to do what he loves this summer and really love the bond you have with your kids. you know how it's so not like what i have with my family (at least in my generation). not that we are not close, just a totally different way of bonding. you are a super mama and you should be proud! =)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This post definitely made me smile - from the photo, to the amazing layout (*love* that misting!!* to the wonderful news about your son. Such a happy post full of such happy things!!