Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge #35

Hello Gorgeous! 
 It's Runway Inspired Challenge time! There are so many lovely possibilities with this runway photo.  I took a few elements from the photo and came up with a simple design.
The world is full of beautiful things like you
 Supplies: My Favorite by Hero Arts, Knee High by Basic grey, Banner Die by Simon Says Stamps, sequins (Michael's), White Embossing Powder (Stampendous), American Crafts Card Stock
Ding---> Are you color/pattern-challenged? Please go stare at your stash of pattern paper. You will find inspiration just by staring at them (no kidding!). You can even copy emulate the designs and stamp your own patterns and background. For me, this paper pad from Basic Grey kind of gave me an easy way out....I love the instant result!

 Please check out my amazing team mates' work (see here). I know you will be immensely inspired!
  ~ Jennifer~ Laura~ Nina ~ Pamela ~Tasnim ~Wida
 Thanks so much for stopping by!

25 comments:

Nina Yang said...

Pink and black is so classic and pretty, Virginia! Love how you paired it with a super cute triangle background!

alexandra s.m. said...

Classy...Love it Virginia!!
You always inspire me ;-)

Barb said...

You ROCKED this one, Virginia! I love that fun paper, and your little pink banner looks so pretty!

lenny said...

Wow! I just love this one!!
That background is wonderful! Love the splash of pink...and those sequins!!
Yep...totally love this card!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such an awesome card, Virginia! You're right...this patterned paper is so perfect, and I love how you added the splash of pink! Love the pretty sequins, too!

Lynn said...

I love the background pattern and the touch of pink!

Dawn Turley said...

really awesome Virginia. There is so much inspiration in the photo.

~amy~ said...

LOVE this....I'm such a fan of patterns, and your card is perfect.

Sheila H said...

Striking pattern - love the pink and bling!

Kelly Griglione said...

oooh those triangles are FAB! And I love how you put the pink sequin at the end by the banners. Great design, Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

You are going to have to get some more of that triangle paper! I love how it is popping up everywhere, so perfect, great card Virginia!

Lea L. said...

This is cute! Love the banner & sequins!

Dana D. said...

Terrific card today. Cute with the banner and sequins.

MarcyK924 said...

Oooo, what a fabulous take on the inspiration photo! You totally nailed all the elements perfectly, especially the pattern and texture! LOVE the pink banner!

Pamela said...

Yes I am pattern paper challenged!!!! I love the way you used the pink banner... so perfect!

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Virginia! Love how you've combined the elements!

donna mikasa said...

Such a playful yet elegant card! Love the yummy color combo, too.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Another fun design Virginia!

Greta said...

Eye-catching card--great take on the photo, Virginia!

Melanie said...

Ooohh, this is gorgeous!! I love the black and white with pop of pink. :)

Annette said...

awesome card Virginia.. has a vintage look to it.. maybe its the patterns.. I LOVE IT..

Clare T said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it Virginia! So bold and stunning! Those sequins are so cute, and that banner was the perfect touch!

Maureen Morton said...

Your card has such style - way more than this sorry looking model! You rock, V! Love the pink against the graphic pattern.

Cindy C. said...

I like this!! It's elegant and yet girly! So you said to go stare at my pattern paper?! Going to try it now! :)

Alice Wertz said...

love love your take on the style! so beautiful and elegant!