Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge # 36

Hello, gorgeous
It's time for the Runway Inspired Challenge! The fashion photo for fall is absolutely rich and beautiful! I love the warmth of the knit wear and that pants/boots combo are stunning!

I decided to go with the texture-based design. I pulled out the cork and stamped the design.
 Everything will be OK
 With the pattern paper (Clippings) from Basic Grey, this card came together quite easily. The stamps are from this set called Sundrifter (Frame and Feathers) by Hero Arts. The designing process did take me a while! What do you think? Give yourself a little brain exercise and try this out? I can't wait to see what you create!

Meanwhile, please check out our Runway Inpisred Challenge and see what my DT mates come up with. We also have the super talented Debby Hughes as our guest designer!! I know everyone really knocks this one out of the ball park! I bet they will prompt you to create!
  ~ Jennifer~ Laura~ Nina ~ Pamela ~Tasnim ~Wida
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 edited: My thoughts and prayers go to the people who are affected by the terrible tornado in Oklahoma City. I am dedicating my card to them.

29 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia I am digging the cork, great card!

Kelly Griglione said...

ooh, love this, Virginia! You've got the triangles, the colors and the feel of the photo just right. Well done!

yyam said...

Really cool. I love the mix of textures here. Especially stamping on cork paper. Nicely done!

Tasnim said...

Beautiful card, Virginia! Love the colors, the design, the texture...all of it!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous! I love the texture from the cork and the perfect sentiment for today's events. Perfect.

Dawn Turley said...

what a delightful way to pay tribute to those affected by the tornadoes. Very sad for the families. Your card is delightful Virginia.

Stampn'HI said...

Perfectly executed! The colors, design and pattern goes so nicely together.

Lynn said...

Wow! I love, love, love the cork and how you stamped on it Virginia. Awesome!

Melissa Shea said...

Eeek! So fun! I love the texture! That cork board is so fun! Love it!

Annette said...

yeah what Melissa said...Eeek.. this is awesome..

Laura B. said...

LOVE the stamping on cork!! Awesome texture!

Nina Yang said...

Virginia, I LOVED this card the moment I saw it! It is packed of texture and design elements on a clean and graphic card! Love it!

lenny said...

wow!! Gorgeous!!
AWESOME take on this inspiration photo! wowzers!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! I love the stamping on cork, it has almost a tribal feel to it, so cool!

Rachel W K said...

beautiful, v! love the inspiration in the texture!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Melanie said...

LOVE the cork! Very modern design. :)

MichelleZ said...

Virginia, this is awesome! Can you tell me who makes that sentiment? It's a gem!

MichelleZ said...

Thanks for the stamp information, Virginia! I really appreciate it!!
Hugs!

Kara Lynne said...

Such rich texture and the background is perfect.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOWWZA! Your papers and design match this style perfectly! LOVE that cork-- FAB card:)

Barb Ghig said...

Ah-Mazing card, Virginia! I love, love, love all the textures and colors and the woodgrain background...WOW! Love your take on the inspiration photo!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Oooh la la...LOVE the texture! The cork is such a fun element on your card! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

So fun that you stamped on the cork!

C Wu said...

awesome card. love the texture and the color.

Sheila H said...

Great texture and colors!

Greta said...

No, no--not Fall already! That is one gorgeous outfit & I love how you used it for your card, Virginia!

Petti said...

Great design!

Maureen Morton said...

Great take on the challenge - but I do not want to even think about fall! Please.......give me a sundress NO! Cool job, Virginia.

Alice Wertz said...

you, my friend, is amazing! i absolutely LOVE your take on the style. the cork is perfect! i am hoping to play along this time, but am stuck. HA! that's why i am here. =) awesome card, Virginia!