Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sharing a NSD Layout!

Hello! I am sharing a layout that I made over the National Scrapbook Day weekend. Basic Grey has a few challenges over their blog. You can see all the details here. The challenge I chose was to Create a project using a color (or color palette) that you do not normally use. And I chose GREEN for a girlie layout.

I bought this green 12x12 paper from Out of Print collection. Having the entire page in green was not my norm. But with the right materials and ideas, I can make it work. This sweet pea from this photo is my grand niece Apphia. Isn't she sweet and dreamy?
Sweet dream
 I combined the Knee High collection with my favorite Hero Arts stamp (Howl Are You) and SRM Stickers (Stitching , Everyday Girl)
The cute monster image from the Knee High collections are prefect for the thinking/dreaming speech bubbles from It's all Good (Hero Arts).

Thanks so much for stopping by

26 comments:

Linda R said...

Awwww... What a cute page. and that photo of your Grand niece is so adorable. Well done my friend.

Hugs~

MichelleZ said...

Oh my goodness! This is so sweet! Those bubbles are brilliant! Great layout!

Barb said...

Oh, Virginia, this is so adorable! That paper is just perfect with the theme of the layout! I love that sweet photo of Apphia sleeping! The colors, clouds, owls and hearts all work so beautifully together! Awesome page!

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet layout! I LOVE the patterned paper clouds and thought bubble--so cute!

lenny said...

Such a sweet layout!!
ADORABLE picture!! wow!
Love the bright colors and embellies!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

All of your layouts are so sweet!

Sheila H said...

So cute! I love green :) The owls and Apphia are adorable.

alexandra s.m. said...

Precious Baby Aphia always inspire you dear Virginia!
This layout is gorgeous!!

Harriet said...

Oh, Virginia, I love this page!!!

Carol McCready said...

Very sweet. Such a gorgeous baby. I love those stitched clouds.

Sue McRae said...

Such a sweet page, love the patterned clouds!

Barb Ghig said...

OMGosh, Virginia...this is absolutely darling! I love all of your details...the owls, your stitched clouds...just everything about this layout makes me smile!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So cute, so sweet, so awwww! :)

Pamela said...

WOW! I don't normally use green, but green for a baby girl? You made it super cute! I love the little thought bubbles!

Rachel W K said...

oh those itty bitty baby clouds! so cute! and it goes without saying that photo is adddooorrrrable
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Maureen Morton said...

So darn dear, Virginia! I especially love the dream bubbles! Wish I could remember when I used to have such lovely dreams with no stress - ha! You knocked it out with this page which is just as sweet as your little darling. Off to vote......

Robin K. said...

Adorable pic and layout Virginia!

Nat said...

totally sweet and dreamy, you have showcased her picture perfectly!! :)

Rose said...

she is so precious as is your layout :)

Dawn Turley said...

beautiful Virginia.

Karen said...

how precious!!

Annette said...

awwwwwwww how cute...

The Flower said...

So lovely! This is amazing. :)

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww I love this sweet page!

Miriam Prantner said...

I don't know how I missed this when it came out, so glad you mentioned that you had been scrapping in your comment yesterday, this is so sweet! I love how you blend stamping and stickers, and great paper choices!

Alice Wertz said...

so loving those funky monster clouds! what a fun touch! adorable layout, V!