Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Layout with Sequins

Happy Saturday. Just sharing a layout that I made a while ago. As you know already, sequins are the new rhinestone for paper crafting, I can't help but jumping on the bandwagon and made a layout with lots of sequins!

I started off with some paint splatter for the background. Love the instant result! This photo shows my nephew's wife Grace and his daughter Apphia. I love how HAPPY they both were in this precious photo. I had already given them my scrapbook album last month in Philly! They now took it with them to NYC (where the young family will reside)! I finally got to see Apphia! She is absolutely darling ( just like the photo)! 
 You are my happy
 Supplies: My Favorite and Love Jar by Hero Arts,  SRM Stickers, American Crafts paper, sequins
Then I found this left over butterfly die-cut in the stamped jar from a previous project. An idea (use sequins for the negative butterfly diecut) came to me...and the rest of the layout came easily.
I applied SRM Stickers for most of the sentiement. They are so fun to work with.
Ding---> Wondering how to make the sequins "flow" out the jar naturally without having to guess/estimate where they actually land? Well, the best way is "Just Do It!" I gathered the sequins in a little cluster and then blew them off lightly in one direction! They landed where they are supposed to be. I'd say--just blow it! The hardest part is to glue them down ;)

Lastly, a huge thank-you for the unwavering support with my Gallery Idol. I can't believe that I made it to Top 5! The process seems arduous and long at times, but here I am down to the last round!  Please be sure to stop by on June 24, Monday at 2pm (Eastern Time) and check out the final round. I am having fun with my projects and I can't wait to share them with you!

26 comments:

Barb said...

I think this is my favorite layout of yours so far, V! I adore how you made it so the sequins are flowing out of the jar along with the X's and O's! That photo is so precious too!

You're definitely on my mind this weekend - sending lots of good vibes to you as you create the four cards for the final round - can't wait to see them! Best of luck, my friend! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

I adore this layout! They just keep getting better and better! The splatter and sequins are fantastic and I love the feathers and the mason jar. Wonderful photo too!

Jamie said...

Oh Virginia this is fabulous!! I love how you put the sequins behind the jar:)

Sheila H said...

Virginia, I love the sequins on the butterfly in the jar. And the sentiment is perfect for your layout! Happy crafting :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

What a gorgeous layout! Love the jar and the sequins!

MarcyK924 said...

LOVE this adorable layout and seeing Apphia must have been amazing! She's such a precious angel!

Hoping you are having a wonderful time with your four projects this weekend, V! And listen to the kids and John - they have steered you right so far, LOL! I have all digits crossed!

joy said...

LOVE the layout and all the sequins! I, too, have fallen in love with using them.

Apphia is just the most precious little girl; so happy you got to see her in person.

I can't wait to see what you've made for the final challenge; sending good wishes your way!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Precious photo and wonderful layout Virginia! Love all the sequins.

Pamela said...

Love your tip about the random sequins!!!! And good luck on your GI final entry!!!!!!!!

Rose said...

this is such a sweet layout :)

ok instead of blowing i will just let my cats spread my squins around lol

Kara Lynne said...

What a precious picture and beautiful way to show it off! So much life!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous LO Virginia. Love the sequins spilling out of the jar.

Rachel W K said...

yes, this is one of my favorite layouts! very beautiful page, and of course a lovely photo!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--how terribly exciting, Virginia--top 5!! Congratulations! You have become a star scrapper & this page might be my favorite!

Niki G said...

Such a sweet layout and congrats!

donna mikasa said...

Darling layout, Virginia! I love the splatters, the sequins--that butterfly is fantastic!--and that precious photo, too.

And congrats once more on making it to the Top 5! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see your cards for this round! I know I'll be blown away.

Lynn said...

I cannot wait to see your projects tomorrow Virginia! You are truly an idol!

And this layout...wowzers...it is just perfect highlighting a wonderful photo!

conil said...

Your LO is just so sweet and happy. Simply adore the sequined butterfly in the jar. Going to try it. Thanks for the "Ding" moment. Makes such good sense.

Linda R said...

This is the sweetest page my friend.. I just adore it..

Hugs~

alexandra s.m. said...

simply marvelous my Friend!
Love it!!
TFS~

Katie Ann Brooks said...

OK, #1- I lvoe that picture of your niece and grandniece- so sweet!
#2- Love the layout and the "you are my happy" made me tear up a little...
#3- I am making that today's motto- just blow it! ;) Honestly though, that is a brilliant way to approach that!

Angi Barrs said...

Your sequins page is FABULOUS! I love how you added some to the jar too. Clever!!!!

And thank you sooo much for your sweet comment on my blog today! Hugs!!! :)

lenny said...

wow...Virginia...gorgeous layout!
Totally love it: the sequins, the splashes of color, that gorgeous photo...AWESOME combo!!

Melissa Shea said...

woohoo for final 5!!! You'll make it, I just know it! Gorgeous LO too, made me smile :)

Annette Allen said...

oh my word this could not be an sweeter.. i love it..

The Flower said...

Aww, so sweet. I am encouraged by these scrapbook pages - they remind me of what a precious gift she is even though she has had (and will continue to have) her difficult moments! Thanks again for the scrapbook!