Friday, June 7, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog Day!

It's my turn to share some DT projects with you over CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog! I am excited to share these cards with you as I had so much fun creating them!

First up,  it was this card with stamps from Zigs and Zags, Mums the Word. With some lovely colors on an easy layout, this card will make a delightful birthday greeting to anyone special in your life. Those sequins add a bit of a wow factor to the design.
Best wishes on your birthday (June 7)
My 2nd card is a truly clean and simple one. You get the idea with just a few elements- glitter, blings and a striking color--RED! I used a double-sided tape for the Stop sign to add some glitter (see the glittery strip?)
STOP (in the name of LOVE)
 Lastly, I used alcohol inks for the background. The sentiment All the Best is from this set called Breathe.  The flower images are from Simon Says Stamps Daisy diecut.  The sentiment was embossed in white over the striking alcohol-inked background.
All the BEST (June7)
I would appreciate that you leave me the feedback over CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog. Lastly, I want to thank you for the support, especially with the Gallery Idol voting!
 Edited: Yay, I made it to the next round (details here)
thank you, thank you, thank you....

26 comments:

Lynn said...

You know I love your cards as always, but I had to stop by with a shout out for making it to Round 2! Way to go Virginia!

Karen B. said...

Congrats on round two it all these cards are gorgeous!

Sheila H said...

Marvelous cards, Virginia! And a big CONGRATS to you for making it to the next round in Gallery Idol :)

Mary Ann said...

Love your cards!Congrats!!!

Lyndal said...

Hooray for making TOP 15 Virginia :)

Melissa Shea said...

oh. my. word. that purple background! gorgeous! like frame it and stick it on the wall gorgeous!

Annette Allen said...

yay for round two.. you go girl.. can't wait to see what you create.. love your post today at CFS...

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia 3 awesome cards of course, and Yay for making it through to round 2!!!!!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards and doing the happy dance for you today!

MarcyK924 said...

DOING the happy dance here, in rainy MA!! The sun just came out over my house because I'm beaming for you, V!!!! I can't wait to see your next creation!

LOVE these cards - I am so inspired to get crafty this weekend! XOXO

conil said...

All three cards are amazingly lovely. Just love your extra little touches, glittery stop sign post, sequins and die cut flowers.

Barb said...

You already know just how THRILLED I am for you! Huge congrats, my friend! You're going to be amazing in the next round - I KNOW IT!!

Love your cards today - so creative and fun! That last one is gorgeous! You make these CAS-ual Fridays stamps shine! :)

Brenda & Ian said...

Today you have really hit my creative spirit. I love simple. The first and last cards especially. I tend to see the product I purchase in its totality. Yet you have seen an alternative in how you have used the die cut on the last card. I have that one so it made me sit up and take notice.

I think that is the difference between hackers like myself and creative card makers like yourself.

Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

Susan said...

PLEASE! Tell us how you did the background for the purple one. Love it!

Kelly Griglione said...

Well, I hate to say "I told you so" ... nah, I'm really loving shouting "I TOLD YOU SO!" Yay, GI Virginia!!

Love your CAS-ual Fridays cards here too. The purple inked card is fabulous! Sending creative thoughts to you this weekend ...

Miriam Prantner said...

That second card is awesome! and I am so excited that you made it to the next round! Hooray!!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

You rock, Virginia!!! These are all fantastic! Especially love the layout of the firs one! Congrats on Top 15!!!

Rose said...

awesome cards :)

Gerry said...

The alcohol ink background is outstanding. Love the color mix. Yeah for you...round 3 coming up. WoooHoooo

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations for making it to the next round, Virginia! There was no doubt with that amazing tailored suit jacket card!!

Jean Bullock said...

Love all three cards but I must say your STOP card is my favorite. love it.

Linda Beeson said...

I so love playing with alcohol inks and your card using them is FAB!!!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous cards Virginia. and a BIG CONGRATS on getting through to the next round of Gallery Idol. You'll rock this challenge.

Angi Barrs said...

WOO HOO!!!!!! I'm so glad that you made it to the next round. Your dad card was fabulous.

Looove these creations too!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome cards, Virginia! I love the glittery strip you added to your 'Stop' card...genius idea!

Congrats again on making it to Round 2 of GI!!! Off to leave a note at CAS-ual Fridays blog :-)

Rose said...

fantastic cards and i love the "stop in the name of love one" :)