Monday, June 10, 2013

Gallery Idol-Make You Own Stamped Background

Hello my friends! If you have been following my blog closely over the last two weeks, you know it's time to share my project for Gallery Idol. This week we are progressing from Top 15 to Top 10. I am so happy to be able to continue to this round! Big thanks to you for voting for me in the last week.
 This round's theme is  Make Your Own Stamped Background. Well, as an avid stamper, I must admit that I have done this numerous times. But this time, it was intense! When I was thinking up designs, at times I felt that my brain was about to burst and that my patience was at its limit (trust me, it doesn't take much). So this is it...
Love to you
It can be a challenge when you have lots of stamps to choose from as it can be overwhelming. When I narrowed down the ideas and realized what worked, then I was good to go! Here is a simple tutorial so you'll get the idea how I created this background.

(for the step by step instructions, just click on the photo and you will see it over my Flickr site)
tutorial
Supplies: So Kind, Mid Tone Shadow Inks ( Field Green, Soft Sand), heart-shape pearl by Hero Arts, Gold Embossing Powder (detailed, smooth) by Recollections/Michael's, (Love Fancy Stickers) sentiment by SRM Stickers, ribbons by American Crafts


These are the boo-boos! LOL...I told you that my patience was TESTED!
They are either stamped/embossed wrong or appear to be messy...
Ding----> I started with smaller stamps when building a background.  It's a good idea to stamp and test out the design on scrap paper (so you don't waste the precious card stock).  Avoid distractions during the stamping/embossing (when possible). When you like the stamped design, expand the ideas...
After making the card, I decided to make a set of note cards.
tutorial1
I hope you enjoy seeing my creative process. If you'd like to see me moving on to the next round, please please please vote for my card here.
If you don't have an account yet, you can register here with Facebook Login and fill out the essential information and that's it!  
It has been a fabulous experience to be in the Gallery Idol. I am relishing the moments as it goes. My family have been so supportive of me and they totally understand the "pressure"!  Lastly, I just want to say "Thank YOU" from the bottom of my heart!
Please vote here (#11)!

48 comments:

Laura Jane said...

Oh WOW! this is LOVELY!!
You have a way with GOLD Virginia:)

Jacqueline said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Virginia - good luck!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! So chic and modern and yet there's a softness and sweetness to it! I can see this pattern in the fanciest of fancy boutiques. You totally nailed it Virginia!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Virginia, good luck!!

shirley-bee said...

Very sophisticated background, Virginia! Good luck!

MichelleZ said...

Fàbulous design! I love the gold. Very elegant.

Angi Barrs said...

Stunning design Virginia! I love the burst of beautiful gold.

Sue McRae said...

Elegant and classy design Virginia! Love your use of the gold embossing! Good luck in this round!

maria f. said...

This is an eyecatcher - well done Virginia. And I can totally believe what you said about making BG all the time but this was intense. Enjoy the ride, girlie!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia your background is absolutely stunning, it is so perfect! Love the colours too.

richardbreaks said...

Just gorgeous! I am in love with my gold embossing powdwer, so this is a big hit with me! Got my vote!

Kara Lynne said...

I'm just imagining the dynamics at your house right now! Thankfully, you have one amazing family. Loved seeing your process and the final outcome(s).

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful inspiration once again Virginia!
I just love your cards and your creative process!
Good Luck my Friend!!

BabyBokChoy said...

GOOD GOOD LUCK to you and your created background is really really sparklingly awesome!

Lynn said...

The gold embossing on this is beautiful Virginia! I love how you took small stamps and created a graphic and gorgeous background!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

What a fabulous background! So creative! Off to vote!

~amy~ said...

Love your take on the challenge and hello, gold embossing? LOVE

Barb said...

I am soooo glad you kept trying because this design looks amazing! It's unique and creative and the colors are fantastic! I already went and voted, just so ya know. Wishing you TONS of luck, my friend - my fingers and toes are ALL crossed! :)

Suzanne C said...

Congrats! So happy for you Virginia! Good luck!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning card, Virginia! I love your clever design...so elegant, too!
Voted ;-)

Sheila H said...

Marvelous background, Virginia. You have my vote - best of luck to you :)

Laura B. said...

Exquisite design! Loved seeing your process! All your work paid off! Awesome job! Good luck!

sandie said...

I love this Virginia, the embossed background against the subtle pink and great looks stunning. I love the vibrant ribbon also, for the same reason. Fab set of notelets-great CAS design! Been and voted for you and good luck!!

melania deasy said...

Your card is amazing!!!! beautiful background, so pretty and unique :)

yyam said...

Oh my, that background is divine Virginia! I love your dedication to perfection! Your card is a definite winner! :)

Mary Ann said...

WOW!This is AWESOME!!!Love following you,your work is amazing!!!This card is a WINNER!!!

ScrappyV said...

Best of luck, Virginia! Thank you for showing us your stamps are not still crystal clear! Mine are not, yet most videos or tutorials I see, the stamps look brand new....I'm like, are these people that persnickety with their stamps? You have humanized the stampers, lady! :) And, beautiful, creative background!

lenny said...

Wow!!Wow! This background is AMAZING & STUNNING!!! Love it!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Holy Wow! This is stinking fabulous!!! Now I know why you are in the idol top 15, you work to perfection! I don't often have that much patience. :)

Charlene said...

Gorgeous, elegant card!!! I am too cheering you on!!

Trinh said...

Beautiful design, Virginia! Love the gold embossing. All the effort was worth it!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Beautiful Virginia! Thanks for sharing the process! I'm not surprised you are in this round and hoping you go on... best wishes!

Linda R said...

Best of luck to you my friend. Your card looks awesome. I am thinking you will have no problem making it to the next round..

Hugs~

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Ever so chic. Good luck for this round!

Rachel W K said...

beautiful!! the gold embossing is amazing. good luck v!!!!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Amanda Coleman said...

The embossed gold diamonds on top of the colored diamonds is brilliant! They really make the whole card pop. Good luck to you!

Clare T said...

So pretty! I love that gold, and the pattern you created! Good luck Virginia! :)

Maureen Morton said...

I voted, I commented.....I laughed! How can you be so funny when you are so stressed-out?! And you recommend no distractions! That really made me laugh, knowing your dear family as we all do. You are the bomb, Virginia ....so thoughtful, so willing to share and (oh, yeah) so talented. No matter what happens you are for sure one of my idols! Go for it, girlfriend!

Petti said...

Great background!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

You rocked it again!!! LOVE your card and of course I voted, yay!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card my friend! I've already voted. Good luck! :)

PiecesByEmily said...

BEAUTIFUL designs and color combo, and the inking is just perfection. Best of luck, Virginia!

Ida said...

This was lovely. The touch of the Gold Embossing was genius and gave it just the right amount of elegance.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOOOWZA! I love the gold embossing!!! I love the little notecards too!! Way to go, Virginia!!

Good luck!!! <3

Rose said...

WOW!!! girlfriend even you goofs look great to me :)
best of luck!!!!!!! off to vote :)

Tenia Nelson said...

This card ROCKS!!!

Therese said...

Congrats Virginia! What an AWESOME card! Oh my, you have A LOT of patience! And it was worth it in the end! So SO Lovely!

Wida said...

this card was so stinking impressive when I saw it! I had NO DOUBT you would move forward. I love it Virginia!