Monday, June 17, 2013

Gallery Idol Round 3 Entry

Hello friends! I feel so blessed and excited to be able to move on to this round. It has been an amazing experience to say the least! And now it's time to share my Gallery Idol entry with you!

The challenge this round is to create a card with exactly 10 embellishmenta. You might already know what embellishments are. Here is a quick definition from Dictionary.

1. beautification of something: the act or process of adding ornaments or decorations to something to make it more beautiful
2. something added for beautification: something added to increase beauty or interest 
add color 
Stamps: Shopping Bag from Stampcow (Etsy), sentiment ( I Heart Art from Paper Smooches). 
Inks: Tide Pool, Orange Soda, Pale Tomato, Corn Flower, Butter Bar, Soft Blossom, Soft Green, Splash by Hero Arts
10 Embellishments: gems, pearls, floss (Michael's), sequins (Neat and Tangled), heart-pearl by Hero Arts
Last Friday, right after I found out that I got to move to the next round of Gallery Idol,  I happened to receive this stamp (Shopping Bag) from Etsy ! It came all the way from Hong Kong! After thinking about designs, I put this stamp into use right away.
For the 10-embellishments theme, the shopping bags make the design easy! I incorporated gems, pearls, sequins and floss for the little touches!
Do you have a favorite bag?
You can vote here (#7)!
After this week's round (result will be out on Friday), we will have moved from Top 10 to Top 5! It will be a dream come true to be in the Top 5! My daughter Stephanie thinks the Gallery Idol has definitely made me stretch my limit and go outside of my comfort zone. She thinks I am already a winner because she saw improvements in just the last few weeks! I will always remember this :)

About voting (see top right side bar):
1. Click on the “Registration” tab. You can log in with Facebook (that saves time).
2. Once you’ve registered, then click on the “View Entries” tab.
3. Select your card, click on the “Vote” tab. You only get one vote, so choose carefully!
 This round is going to be a tough one. EVERY. vote. counts. If you like to see me move to the next /last round, I would love to have your vote! Thank you, once again, for your AWESOME support!
You can vote here (#7) 

35 comments:

Jacqueline said...

O yes, Virginia, another winner of a card - love it. Such a good match, sentiment and design!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card! Love the color choices! Great job Virginia!

Lynn said...

Those handbags are oh so sweet and the tiny embellishments are perfect!

Sheila H said...

Virginia, I agree that this card is a winner! I'm voting for you :)

Laura Jane said...

YES, I have a favorite bag..the Blue with pink flower:)
SUPER card!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love those purses, I would love to have all of them, a bit bigger though. The pearls make great closures. A fantastic card for the next round.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love that you've managed a CAS card even with 10 embellishments! I'm sorry to say that the stamp itself would have put me off and I never would have bought it - I'm so glad you were able to see beyond to what it could do - this is FAB!

Andie Miller said...

Very cute card design and I think one of the few that stuck to the original challenge- not twelve random things, but twelve of one thing (i.e., bling, flowers, etc.). Your take is inspiring. I wish you well in the next round!

Laura said...

I fell in love with your card over on the voting site and just voted for it. It's so fun and really highlights/incorporates the embellishments in such an imaginative way. Good luck!

Cindy C. said...

What a fun design!! Best of luck!!!

Barb said...

Virginia, you can take even the simplest of stamps and create something wonderful! That's one of the reasons you're still in this contest! Love the mix of pretty colors you used, and your embellies look perfect! Good luck to you, my friend - crossing all my fingers and toes - AGAIN! :)

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Virginia, I have been out of the blogging loop as my work has been crazy...I am so excited to see you are in the top 10 in Gallery Idol! This card is amazing...I want all those purses!!! Good luck...I'm going to vote now!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the colorful handbags. It's so girly and adorable. Fabulous and clever design!

Piali Biswas said...

Looooooooooooove this card..super cute!! Great take on this Round! Good Luck for the next!

~amy~ said...

Super fun!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

So cute! Those embellishments are perfectly sweet. Congrats on this card b/c it is a winner!

Jennifer said...

Very, very cute card! Congrats on making it to this round, you deserve it!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Melanie said...

Virginia! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on making the top 10!!

melania deasy said...

Virginia....your card so creative!!! I love that purses!! so fun and cute :):)

Dawn Turley said...

awesome Virginia. such a great card. I've added my vote already. good luck going forward Virginia.

maria f. said...

Great job, Virginia. Love your design.

sandie said...

love how you made a CAS card and still added 10 gems etc. I love this card-well worth my vote!!

fun stamping said...

Fantastic card, Virginia - those little embellishments are just too cute - a winner in my book!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

very, very fun! I love your spectrum of color and cute bags!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Awww...that is so sweet what your daughter said. :) The new purse stamp is super cool, and I love the colors you chose. The little embellishments are very cute, and I like how you layered them, too. Good luck!

Amanda Coleman said...

I love what you did with the embellishments on this card. They compliment the colorful bags so well. Fantastic work! Good luck!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Super cute design, Virginia!! I love that you used your new stamp from Hong Kong. It's so fun and unique, and the way you've adorned each of the bags is just so sweet and clever!! Best wishes and luck to you, sweet girl!

Robin K. said...

Awesome design Virginia!

Debbie Carriere said...

Absolutely fabulous!! You always make simple look fantastic!!! And I wonder why didn't I ever think of that!! I am totally going to CASE this layout :). Congrats and good luck!!! Can't imagine you not being in the top 5!!!!

Wida said...

I love your clever use of 10 embellishments and the happiness of your card. Good luck Virginia, I am so excited to see you at the top 10 and moving forward!

Barb Ghig said...

I really LOVE this card, Virginia! I'm so impressed with how you used 10 embellishments, and still kept it CAS...you are amazing! My fingers are crossed for you!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

you know I love purses and PS stamps-- great card! LOVE the colors and the little embellies! YOU ROCK! Good luck:)

Lesley said...

Adorable card and perfect for the challenge, Virginia!!! Love the purses. Good luck!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Amy Kolling said...

There's no doubt you will be moving on with this card!! Clever use of the embellishments being used on that super cute purse stamp!!!! Way to go Virginia!!!!