Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Guest Design at "Let's Get Trendy"!!

This is my 2nd post for the day. For Runway Inspired Challenge, please see here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AS the guest designer over "Let's Get Trendy" , I am happy to share my projects with you! This week's topic is on trends in paper-crafting. Today is Day 2 and it's all about SEQUINS!!
I have two projects to share with you--a tag and a card!
For the tag:  Adding sequins in a row on top ---> Not only that it is decorative, it’s also perfect on the bookmark as it will keep the page in place.
 Breathe 
Supplies: Breathe by CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, Sundrifter: Frame & Feathers by Hero Arts, Sequins (Michael’s), tissue paper, Seal and Glue by Ranger

For the card: Simply use sequins instead of gemstones or pearls. It's just another fun way to jazz up your design. 
 happy dancing for you 
Supplies: sentiment (Woot Woot) CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, Chairs And Chandeliers by Hero Arts, Knee High by Basic Grey, Japanese Washi Tape, Silver glitter paper by Co’ordination, sequins (Michael’s)
Plese stop by Let's Get Trendy and check out the inspiring ideas that she has created along with other designers! I know you will be so inspired!

And lastly, I hope you are voting for the Gallery Idol. You can see all the entries here. I created the Mad-Men inspired card as the "Defining Dad" theme. I will really appreciate it that I get a vote from you! Have a fabulous day!

19 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Looove how you used sequins! That bookmark is a great idea too!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful, I'm especially loving the sequins on the chandelier! Fantastic idea!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love your projects and I can't wait to create for this challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Amazing as always Virginia!
Congrats on Guest Designing at Let's Get Trendy!

C Wu said...

beautiful. Love that tag so much!

donna mikasa said...

Your projects simply "shine", Virginia! I especially love your bookmark--so clever!

lenny said...

As always...love how you used the sequins!! Awesome cards!! wow!

Laura Jane said...

LOVE the card V!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your ideas for the sequins, Virginia...you are so clever! Love your card and tag so much! Congrats on your Guest DT spot at Let's Get Trendy!!!

L.B. said...

Such a great idea for the sequins. Very very fun

alexandra s.m. said...

Yeah! Love your use of sequins!
Thanks Virginia!!

~amy~ said...

Be still my heart...love them both! So thrilled to have you as one of our guestie's!

Laura B. said...

Love how you used the sequins; sewn and as accents to the light fixture. Really love that tag with the feathers...looks so Lisa Spangler:)

Tasnim said...

The card is so gorgeous!! Love the way you used the sequins on the chandelier!

yyam said...

You do amazing work Virginia! Have you read the comments on the sequins post...everybody loved your chandelier card!

Thank you so much for being a guest designer at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

Maureen Morton said...

Love these design and the sequins....such a fun trend! I have lots of vintage ones. What is the best way to adhere them? I've been trying lots of different things. This chandelier is so darn elegant - love the romance of it.

Clare T said...

I love how you sewed on those sequins! But that chandelier card - *gasp*! Just LOVE it! So pretty and elegant!
Btw, BIG congrats on making Gallery Idol - I'm so happy for you and I loved your Dad card!

Rose said...

awesome creations!!!
must tell you when i opened my bag of sequins they went all over!!! lol not fun picking them up!!

Barb Murphy said...

flawless designs, both of them! i love the falling feathers and pops of color. the second is so perfectly executed...love that sentiment!