Thursday, June 13, 2013

Inspired by Pattern Paper

I am sharing a layout today! This floral print from Basic Grey's Out of Print inspired me to make a layout. I happened to find a photo of Apphia (my nephew's daughter) which seems to be perfect with such a busy print.
014
I took the colors from the pattern paper and did some simple stamping and cutting.
 Supplies: Love Jar, Heart Wing Butterfly by Hero Arts, SRM Stickers
Ding---> Ever get stuck on picking colors? Just take the colors from the pattern paper and pick a few colors and....before you know it, BAM! You are in business! 

Note: After finish making this page and post, I happened to be reading up on the latest July/August issue by Paper Crafts. The Go-to Gal Betsy Veldman also shares the same tip about finding the right colors/shades, that is, use the paper collections for color inspiration (more details in p.14)! So, there you go!
 The Gallery Idol voting ends today at Noon (Mountain time). I would be thrilled to have your vote if you haven't voted yet (just click here).We'll find out on Friday whether I get to move to the next round. It's been a fun and thrilling experience! Thanks so much for your AWESOME support! Your sweet comments over Paper Crafts, Flickr, my blog, Facebook...etc. I appreciate them all! 

21 comments:

Barb said...

Adorable layout, Virginia! She is such a cutie! Love all the beautiful colors and flowers!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you in the Gallery Idol competition! :)

Niki Garcia said...

Very cute and adorable...both your layout and niece!

Dawn Turley said...

Adorable LO Virginia. Love the colourful PP

Lynn said...

What a beautiful layout of your gorgeous niece!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Hard to work with such a busy pattern paper. You did it beautifully!

Sheila H said...

Love your pretty paper - darling layout!

Kara Lynne said...

What a precious little niece you have! I love your fun, beautiful page, the design is wonderful.

lenny said...

Oh my, this layout is gorgeous!
Love the flower background and how you embellished the page! Bright and colorful!
And that picture...wow...she's a cutie!!

Cindy C. said...

So adorable!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is one of those papers I would shy away from because while gorgeous the print seems so busy, but you really made it work for you, it doesn't seem busy at all, in fact it's perfect for the photo. I love how the photo is the focal point, and you softened the white with stamping. Great layout!

Gerry said...

I love the colors in this card. I especially love Apphia...can she get any cuter?

Piali Biswas said...

So cute!! Great layout!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!! :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

gorgeous. layout!!! I love the paper you used and how perfectly it matches her dress!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

OMG, that baby is stinking cute! I just want to give those chubby cheeks a big kiss! Love this page! Great elements with the butterfly, bling and flowers! Thanks for the tips on picking colors. PS- voted already! :)

Greta said...

She is just too adorable! Can sure see why you love to scrap her photos! Great use of that pretty but busy paper, too.

Harriet said...

You have a good "eye"!!!!!!

donna mikasa said...

Simply adorable! I love that even with all the floral goodness, little Apphia still manages to be the star of the layout!

Crossing my fingers that you'll make it all the way! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a great page Virginia!
Thank You~

joy said...

Beautiful layout again, Virginia! Apphia is just a little darling and that paper is so pretty for this page.

Good luck to you - you got my vote(s)!

Linda R said...

This is the cutest layout. I love it.

Hugs~