Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge #38

For my Gallery Idol entry, please click on the top right side bar or check out my entry here.
Please please vote! Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Gorgeous!
It's Runway Inspired Challenge time! I hope this challenge will make you try something new and different. I normally will not come up with a color combo like this fashion photo. But, boy,  do I love that for a challenge! It really forced me to examine this runway photo in detail! Isn't it just gorgeous?
For you, with love
I noticed the colors, shine and textures on the fabric, so I came up with this design.
My dry embossing folders have been in idle for the longest time. I love dry-embossed floral and diamond images on the shiny card stock! I stamped and diecut a butterfly and added it to the white strip. I love how even and polished it looks!

I hope you check out my DT mates inspiring projects for this challenge (see here).
  ~ Jennifer~ Laura~ Nina ~ Pamela ~Tasnim ~Wida
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

So elegant, Virginia! And a great take on the pix. Love that pop of orange on that slick background - eye-popping.

Barb said...

What a beautiful take on the photo, V! Those embossed areas look so pretty! Love the shimmer too!

Dawn Turley said...

LOVE it Virginia. So elegant.

Petti said...

Lovely card!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your card!!

Lynn said...

I love the touch of texture! CAS and very classy!

Kara Lynne said...

Love the shimmer and the straight lines. My fav is that inset coral butterfly!

jusaweecatnap said...

Love this card. I'm always amazed when you can take an unattractive outfit and make something beautiful out of it--and still reference the outfit faithfully. A simple yet beautiful idea for a card.

Miriam Prantner said...

That shiny cardstock is perfect and I love the dry embossing. The inset butterfly is such a great pop of color!

Linda R said...

You always do such a great job on these card. I love this one.

Hugs~

Tracey McNeely said...

Seriously beautiful Virginia!
I am in awe how you do this challenge that scares me to death, and do it brilliantly!

Cindy C. said...

Oh my this card is so elegant and chic!!

Tasnim said...

I love the embossed panels and the flushed butterfly, such a delightful card!

Wida said...

I found this challenge to be one of the hardest. but I love what you did and that pop of color in the center is just right!

lenny said...

Awesome card!
Loooove your take on this inspiration photo! You nailed it!! wohooo!!

Sheila H said...

The embossing is so chic, Virginia!

Pamela said...

Love the embossing!!!! I don't have any embossing folders since I figured I'll probably ditch them some time in the future.... this was a great inspiration photo to bring back those embossing folders!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

The butterfly (like the model's bag) is a perfect accessory on your card! I also love the way you added texture with dry embossing!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love how you used the embossing folders and the whole design!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tasteful and graceful, Virginia!