Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Card Set Challenge

Have you made card sets as a gift? Today's project is easy and fun to do! I think it's IDEAL to make them with the little ones especially. Just take a look and you'll know what I mean....
ENJOY your special day
Simply take a piece of watercolor paper and drop some inks over, then blow them off in any direction. You've just made a cool background! Now stamp a sentiment...voila! 
All the BEST
Aren't they easy and fun? I am entering this for the Card Set Challenge
over Moxie Fab World.

Oh yeah, I am still working on the Gallery Idol project!
And in case you are wondering what Dr. John is thinking....
Dr. John: "Hey, aren't you supposed to be working (creating)? You don't want to be an idle idol!" 

This conversation was overheard in my household:
 After spending some time in my craft room...
me: ugh!!...what to make? what to make!?....
Stephanie: All you need is a good design.
me: uh huh.
S.: And sophisticated, of course. 
John:...yep, NO pressure :)
 
Edited: here is a little interview about me (if interested)
Thanks for stopping by! 

22 comments:

C Wu said...

Love the free style background with those bright colors. Your family is so supportive about your hobby! Can't wait to see what you create for the next round. I have to start thinking as well since I finally get the kids to bed and cleaned the kitchen :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love this card set! So fun! Good luck in the next round.

lenny said...

This is so fun!
I remember doing this "technique" when I was little!!
It's a great background!!
Love this card set! Enjoy your Saturday!!

Niki Garcia said...

Nice cards...I think whatever you come up with for the next round will be awesome...your cards always are!

Lynn said...

I love your family...I think our families would get along well! The paint splatter set is awesome!

Sheila H said...

Your set is bright, colorful and fun, Virginia. The cards make me smile.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Virginia - what are you doing? All that blowing is going to jiggle up your brain, which you need for the next GI challenge! lol! These are fun and I'm sure that in your case, all that brain jiggling will just produce an even more stunning result! Good luck - can't wait to see it!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Lovely set, such a fun background, but I'm still smiling at Dr John's thinking and your family conversation... TFS

Rachel W K said...

I am so excited to see what you make for the next round!!! Rooting for you!

sandie said...

These are such so bright and bold, great set. And congrats on being an idol!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card set, Virginia! I love how each one is so unique, and the colors...LOVE! I love that you shared your family's dialogue with us...thanks for making me smile :-)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great set Virginia! I love the blown effect. I know you are going to make something amazing. I can't wait to see it!

Laura Jane said...

LIGHT headed is what happens to me when I try this technique..then I get all giggly..my kiddos thinks it's funny!
Your set is SMASHING!!
Just have FUN..you'll do something great!

Cindy C. said...

Cute card set!! What a clever idea! Dr. John is too funny!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the splatters! I was going to enter this challenge and all the other challenges... but I just don't have time! Hopefully soon:) LOL!

FAB job as always, Virginia!! And congrats on GI top 20:) You can dooooooooooo it!!!!

Ida said...

Well those are fun cards. - Will be looking forward to Monday to see your next GI card.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

FAbo set! I tried just a tiny bit of this on straw blowing on one of my cards today. Thank you for the inspiration!

Greta said...

Your blowing ink came out a lot better than mine. Think I need reinkers--LOL! Great set of cards, Virginia!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

looooove these Virginia So pretty and neat! Very nice. :)

Laura B. said...

These cards are so fun! I cannot wait to see your GI project!!!! I bet you are totally stressing out and having a ball making friends with all the other GI girls! Enjoy the ride, friend♥

Alice Wertz said...

what a fabulous set!! really like the fun backgrounds. must try it!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)