Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Owl Card That Didn't Make The Cut

Hello! Just a quick post about my owl card for the Gallery Idol. You see, I did struggle with the fun and cute category. I realized that I am lack of fun and cute type of stamps (note to myself : stock up!!). The best thing that comes close to fun and cute is this set called owl are you from Hero Arts.

I went right to work and this was the first result...
owl of us
I sought after opinions from my family and they were not impressed with it. So I made another version of it...

This was my 2nd try!
happy birthday from owl of us
 With this one, they gave me the "thumbs up"!
Hope this Ryan pic makes you smile. I love Ryan to be my cheerleader!

 
 Please take a moment to vote (#5) if you have not done so. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

15 comments:

Laura Jane said...

Yes, Virginia I'm with your family.. the second one is so FUN with the owls peeking in on the sides!

Petti said...

Yes I like the 2nd one over the first too!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats on making the top 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoohooo!! Good luck my friend!

Lynn said...

Of course we need Ryan as our cheerleader! I love them both but agree the second one is awesome.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh Ryan how I love thee and your unendless humor!!! hehehehe!

Sheila H said...

Your second card is definitely the cuter one, Virginia!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia the second card is my preference too! It definitely has cute factor!

Judy1223 said...

Goodness, Virginia, I actually adore them BOTH! Both totally cute...made me smile!

Kara Lynne said...

Family really grounds us, don't they? I like the owls brown/tan and the other colors in the rest of the scene. Both cards are cute and fun and have my vote!

Laura B. said...

I've missed Ryan and his wisdom! Both cards are cute. Tough decision, but I think you made the right one!

Dawn Turley said...

well, I like your first card Virginia. However the second one does have whoop with the hearts.

Barb Ghig said...

I agree with your family...the 2nd card has a bit more "WOW" factor, but the first one is really cute! Thanks to Ryan for making me smile...gosh, he's gorgeous :-)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

You picked the best of the two, but BOTH are super cute!

Rose said...

both are cute but i must say i like the second one the best :)

can't wait to see if you win!!!

you should "stock up" lol when i saw the aug stamp release i need to do for a dt i told hubby i need to get some papers for masculine cards. he said...........so order some!! lol didn't expect that answer so jumped right on it :) i so love that man!!!

Karenladd said...

OMG...I love owls and this owl image is the cutest ever!! Love both of those cards, but the 2nd one made me laugh!! Best of luck!