Thursday, July 4, 2013

Always and Forever

 Just sharing a wedding card today.  I already gave this card to a couple who recently got married! So it's like a belated wedding card.
always and forever
 The only tricky thing about this card is the butterflies! You see, I like the textures of the Bounce Dryer Sheets and I thought: "why not trying stamping on them?". So that is exactly what I did. The butterflies look so delicate and they smell really lovely, too (wink)! 

Paper: Earth Layering Paper by Hero Arts, Neehah (white)
Stamps: Heart Butterfly, Leafy vines by Hero Arts
Inks: Field Greens, Raspberry Jam, Corn Flower Mid Tone inks by Hero Arts
Household item: Dryer sheet by Bounce
Accessories: SRM Stickers (sentiment), 3D Pop Dots by EK Success, black pen (fine), jute by American Crafts

1.    Make card with card stock
2.    Stamp Leafy Vines in Field Greens
3.    Stamp butterflies in dryer sheet and white paper, cut them out
4.    Arrange butterflies with pop dots, detail the butterfly with a fine black pen
5.    Apply sentiment sticker and tie the jute on top

I will be sharing 3 cards with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps tomorrow! Till then!
Happy 4th of July to my American friends!

27 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful! So creative! Who else would use dryer sheets?

Brenda said...

I'm sure it smells delicious Virginia! Cool idea and such a pretty card!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

When I first saw the card, I wondered what you stamped on.... interesting choice of material! Love innovation!!

Joni-nina Andaya said...

Ooh...such an eye catcher Virginia. Love how it turned out, what an amazing idea!

Lynn said...

Love the soft gray in the background. Beautiful wedding card!

donna mikasa said...

Dryer sheets? Oh, you are so clever! I love the sheerness and I can imagine the sweetness!

Dawn Turley said...

so pretty Virginia. The butterflies are delightful

Jessi Fogan said...

I always save my used dryer sheets for de-staticking before I emboss - now I'm going to have to try this too :) They look so soft!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I haven't tried dryer sheets before.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful movement on your innovative card!

Laura Williams said...

Oh my gosh - dryer sheets?! Get outta town! This is gorgeous!!!!! ;)

Sheila H said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! Again, I marvel at your creativity in using dryer sheets for the butterflies :)

joy said...

Hi, Virginia! I love this pretty card - and that dryer sheet makes a beautiful butterfly, indeed! I don't use dryer sheets (liquid softener instead)but this may make me change my laundry process.

Miriam Prantner said...

Stamping on dryer sheets?! What a great idea Virginia!

Lin said...

Hey girlfriend, love your scented card idea! I've got lots of catching up to do - congrats on your achieving top 5!! So pleased for you!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!! :)

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Virginia! I love how you butterflies pop (literally) off this card...so pretty!

Petti said...

very creative!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

You are so clever! I have never thought of using those dryer sheets. Fabulous card as usual. (You could link your card to a Blog Named Hero as the challenge is to use your favourite HA stamp, I thought of that as the one you used is one of my favourites). TFS

Laura B. said...

Dryer sheets?? Who knew? Amazing idea and love the vibrant color!

alexandra s.m. said...

GENIUS! Love your card!
and thank You for your 4th of July shout out ;-)

Trinh said...

There is no end to your creativity (thank goodness for us)! What a beautiful way to recycle the dryer sheets.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love how the colored butterflies pop of the page Virginia! Awesome!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

LOVE this idea! I actually will be doing a dryer sheet technique for a one of my DT's next week!

Maureen Morton said...

You make me laugh, Virginia! What a delicate card, smell and all.

BabyBokChoy said...

SUPER duper COOL butterflies!!wow!

Robin K. said...

Pure genius Virginia to stamp on the dryer sheets! You always come up with the best ideas:). Your card is lovely!