Sunday, July 28, 2013

Into the Woods

 This is my 2nd post for today. For CAS-ual Fridays' new DIE release , please click here or scroll down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 My last minute dash to join the fun over little tangles..
Recently I bought a sheet of cork paper from Michael's (it costs $3.49 a sheet). Basically it's a paper-like sheet of cork. I couldn't pass up the chance to play with the wood-theme challenge.
Due to my limited collections of Neat and Tangles Stamps, I decided to use the Christmas Sweet Home set. I had made cards with this holiday set before. It works well as an all-occasion/house-warming card, too! 
home sweet home
It's great to try something new...emboss the house image in white on cork! 
 What's appealing to me about card-making is that there are so many different techniques and supplies to try and experiment.I'm sure you'd agree!
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the cork, Virginia! so creative!

Lyndal said...

Super cute Virginia :)

Annette Allen said...

love the embossing on cork.. awesome card.

Deepti said...

Love the house :) cute

~amy~ said...

okay, now how cute is this?! Love the smidge of sequins! Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles:)

Pamela said...

Oohhhhhh yes yes yes cork is soooo pretty :D

alexandra s.m. said...

awww...how sweet Virginia!
Thank You!

June Houck said...

Virginia, this is a clever Neat & Tangled scene card! Brilliant :) Thank you for joining us in the "Into the Woods" challenge.

donna mikasa said...

Charming card for a housewarming! I love the white embossing on cork--who knew you could do that? And that zigzag background is pretty awesome!

Sheila H said...

The cork house is darling, Virginia. I like the chevron background and those tiny clouds.

Dawn Turley said...

great card, and what fun to try out different mediums

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a cute card Virginia!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is fun and sweet and I love that you stamped on the cork!!!

Rachel W K said...

so many supplies i cant keep track! very sweet card! love the cork

Linda R said...

What a cute card. So sweet..

Hugs~

Clare T said...

This is so sweet! I love the zig-zag pattern in the background, and all the twine piled on that little house! I don't know if it's just me, but that little house on the cork sure looks like gingerbread to me! ;)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Virginia, that cork house is so divine and adorable!!

Laura B. said...

love this white embossing on cork! This is such a cute card!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is so sweet and creative! I love that cork house, so genius!

Greta said...

How brilliant to use cork for the house! This is super, Virginia!

Jackie said...

Super cute, great idea to use cork for the house!!!