Thursday, August 15, 2013

LIFE'S A PICNIC

 "Life is a picnic"...love that sentiment!
This applies to today's post as it is kind of fun and random...much like a picnic!


Remember my creative light bulb!?
This card has the almost water-color effect without the water-coloring...
Ding--->In my humble opinion, the "trick" is to use Distress Inks! I merely stamped the images twice or three times with different shades of colors! And it's perfectly alright that the images do not line up! You can spray a tiny bit of water after inking, but I didn't. Looks fine to me!
LIFE'S A PICNIC
This is such an awesome "technique" ( if you can actually call that a "technique" !?) for a lazy stamper like me. I don't think I know more tricks and tips than any average stampers...but I absolutely love to try and experiment.
 
edited: I am linking this to CASology. The theme is picnic! Although my card doesn't have any image about picnic, the sentiment is! ( Thanks, Ardyth, for the reminder!)

Here are a few happenings that make me happy:

~ Two super talented Canadian card-making blog friends ( Ardyth and my FSS DT mate Tracey M.) are coming to my house for a day visit today!! We plan to have a lunch and hit the local Farmer's market. How FUN!
~I was told by my sister-in-law that the Gallery Idol prizes had arrived at her house in PA. (she kindly agreed to let me use her US address for this competition). I was told that there are two huge boxes (one contains the Fuse machine)!! I am excited and plan to get them at my in-laws' place around Canadian Thanksgiving! It's going to take another while...can.not.wait.
~October trip (with Dr. John) to visit Chicago is all reserved, planned and booked! I am going to meet the most amazing paper crafters of this planet! Please stay tuned!
~My daughter Stephanie is attending her week-long conference in Johannesburg (S. Africa). She really goes FAR! I am eagerly waiting for her return this Sunday!

Lastly, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for stopping by my blog, especially those who comment ever so frequently....almost daily! Please know that I do not ever take your kind comments and feedback for granted. I feel so blessed and privileged to share this little blog with you!

29 comments:

Linda R said...

I love the way this turned out. Very clever my friend. I bet October is the perfect time to go to Chicago..

Hugs~

Barb said...

You certainly have some wonderful things coming up, Virginia - each one sounds so exciting! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

LOVE your amazing card - the colors look so pretty!

Enjoy your time later today with Ardyth and Tracey - lucky you!

Niki G said...

I definitely love your creative light bulb and your card. It may seem like your technique is menial, but there are tons of bloggers that appreciate it....including me! Have a great rest of your week and congrats on your Gallery Idol!

Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous, but let's talk about all the exciting things going on for you! Can't wait to hear about Stephanie's trip...I'm sure it will be amazing. Crafty goodies and crafty meetings with new blogging friends are simply awesome.

lenny said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the water color effect! And ...that technique is awesome! Yes...I would call it a technique :)
Lots of happy news!! Happy to hear!!
Have fun!! Enjoy!

Dawn Turley said...

what a beautiful look. The card is delightful. And no wonder you are happy... looking forward getting your goodies and meet with friends... way to go Virginia. enjoy spending time with Ardyth and Tracey. I bet lots of talking and laughter will take place.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love this technique and the card, Congrats on the goodies and enjoy your fun day! Wish I was there!

Sheila H said...

Your card is beautiful, Virginia. Thanks for sharing another of your creative techniques. You certainly have some fun times coming up. It will be fun to hear about your and Stephanie's adventures, not to mention your Gallery packages :). Have a great day!

Jackie said...

I'm sure you will have a super fun time with Tracey and Ardyth!

Loving the watercolor look of your card so much! I agree, distress inks are a wonderful medium to get that relaxed and magical watercolor effect.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Just cruising blog land before Tracey arrives and we head off to see you for lunch! Can't wait! I also can't wait to see what you do with that Fuse machine - it looks really cool! And I can't wait to hear about your Chicago trip - my fingers are double-crossed that it coincides with mine!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

PS - you didn't mention CASology (and I haven't been there yet today), but I'm hoping you're linking this up! It's gorgeous - I'm definitely going to try this!

SiskiyouSue said...

Very pretty! What an interesting technique, think I'll try it.

joy said...

Virginia, you really created a dreamy, watercolor look without any effort at all! I love this! The distress inks are so soft and pretty.

Enjoy all of the fun happenings that are coming up in your life - how exciting for you!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is lovely, so glad that you "inked up and linked up" to CASology!

I really adore that sentiment too!

-Kimberly

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I want to say that I LOVE visiting your blog...thank 'You' for always providing such a fun and informative place to visit!

I love your 'Artsy' card! It truly looks like you spent a lot of time watercoloring those beautiful flowers, which you would definitely see while on a picnic!

You must be so excited about your trip to Chicago...I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

I hope Stephanie has a safe trip home...please share the deets with us when you can :-)

Have a great time today with Ardyth and Tracey...I know you will!!!

Harriet said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, Virginia, I love your card. Thanks.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Fabulous card and tip! Love all you personal updates. I am jealous of your crafty visitors and trips, EXCITED for your GI stuff and excited for Stephanie. My Organization does tons or work in RSA, what does Stephanie do?

shirley-bee said...

Wow, life is indeed a picnic! Enjoy all your fabulous treats! Love the card.

Annette Allen said...

wow thanks for the awesome tips.. your card is gorgeous.. really does stamp perfectly..

Susan F. said...

This card is very pretty. I'm sure you are really going to enjoy Canadian Thanksgiving this year. :)

Laura B. said...

Now I think I need more distress ink!! I only have one, but I love this watercolor look so much! You've got such an exciting line up planned!!! Can't wait to see what you do with that Fuse machine!

donna mikasa said...

Only you can do "faux watercolor" so effortlessly--I LOVE the results! You are such a ROCK STAR, Virginia! Everyone wants to be in your presence! I'm so jealous of Ardyth and Tracey--I'm sure you all had a grand time!

Carole said...

Oh so pretty, a real work of art...minus the work. Wow lunching with the girls, all that talent together, fun for sure.

Trinh said...

Very pretty and fresh, Virginia! Look forward to hearing about your Chicago trip! We went there 2 years ago and I loved it.

Rose said...

oh i love your beautiful "light bulb" moment!! :)

Jen W. said...

Virginia, your card is gorgeous and your technique sounds so cool! I'm definitely gonna have to try that! Love that bold yellow twine too! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Maureen Merritt said...

I love your technique, it's right up my alley :) What a beautiful creation you have here! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Greta said...

Love your take on the challenge with this pretty card, Virginia!

ThePurplePlace said...

Another WOW card Virginia, I Love it and had to come by to figure out exactly what stamp you used. A beauty!
I am also very excited and envious of your special visit coming up with some super creative friends...sounds like a wonderful day to me! Have FUN!!

As always, it's a pleasure to stop in and see one of my fabulous creations!!