Sunday, August 4, 2013

Personalized DIY Projects!

 Hello! Ryan and I am sharing some DIY projects with you today.
A lovely young couple from our church just welcomed a baby girl who was born on the same day as the new Prince of Cambridge! In this case, they actually made the local newspaper (see here)! Also, she has a unique name--Leia! Yes, the Dad (Joseph) is a hard core sci-fi fan, you can tell where he got inspired!

I bought a baby photo frame as a small gift to the couple. As soon as I bought the photo frame, I got right to work!
I added the embossed letters and flower! By personalizing it with the flower and name, this photo frame is perfect for baby/Princess Leia!
2013-07-22
Apparently Baby/Princess Leia is just adorable! 
 My 2nd DIY project was a gift packing for wedding. My good friend Colleen's daughter Natasha got married yesterday!
wedding gift
This was how I wrapped the present. I used big white wide ribbons and add SRM Stickers on it.
2013-08-02 
I really like how this gift package is personalized for this very special occasion. 
Yup, these DIY projects are doing it for me... I love the results and I know the receivers are, too :)  
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Niki G said...

Super cute frame and baby Leia is just so sweet! Great gift wrap too...love how the SRM stickers really add to the white ribbon.

lenny said...

Woooow! Virginia, this totally rocks!
Love what you did with the photo frame! So pretty and girlie!
And that gift wrap...wow...gorgeous!!
The PERFECT gift!! Those parents are gonna be over the moon ... (don't know if that's correct English, but I love that phrase) LOL
Enjoy your Sunday! :)

joy said...

She is definitely a little princess! Love the frame and the pretty gift wrap you designed, Virginia!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Beautiful! I think the best part of crafting is the ability to make personalized gifts like these!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Your projects are so pretty! I am sure they will love it! Great to see Ryan too!

Sheila H said...

Your personalized frame and wrapping are wonderful Virginia. They are so special.

Deepti said...

Beautiful your DIY projects the frame the gift wrapping is awesome and Leia is adorable :)

Barb said...

Wow!!! What a fabulous post, V! I love both projects! Your gold flower and pretty letters on the frame make it even more special! And that gift box is gorgeous!! LOVE the brown and purple combo - looks so elegant! Nicely done, my friend!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ohhhh how I just love these!!! beautiful wrapping too!

conil said...

Both of these projects are lovely.

Harriet said...

Love everything Virginia. You are truly a very nice woman.

Barb Ghig said...

You are so creative, Virginia! I really LOVE the sweet frame you created and your gift packaging is amazing!
So glad Ryan was here to say hello today...he just makes my Sunday a little brighter!

Miriam Prantner said...

What sweet gifts! I love the frame and I have never thought of putting stickers on ribbon, great idea!

Laura B. said...

Such a sweet personalized frame for baby girl!

mimijudy1975 said...


Virginia,you are always so thoughtful and thinking of others.How special the personalized frame is. I'm sure Leia's parents will treasure this.
The ribbon with the "love" ,etc. stickers is the perfect touch with the wrqpping paper.

Rose said...

fantastic projects and i love love love the frame for the sweet little girl :)

Greta said...

Wow, Virginia--both projects are stunning! I need to spruce up some frames--something I really should be able to do, so thanks for the inspiration!

alexandra s.m. said...

You and Ryan make quite the team, i tell you!
Lovely projects Virginia!
Thank You~

Angi Barrs said...

I always love seeing Ryan!!! And that gift wrapping is GORGEOUS!

Rachel W K said...

AWWW at your projects! those are beautiful
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, I've missed a lot this week! A frame and sticker-adorned ribbon ... how very special! You must get so excited seeing people open up their personalized gifts : )