Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge #42

Hello gorgeous! 
 
Welcome to the latest Runway Inspired Challenge! I absolutely love love this week's theme! When I saw the inspired runway photo, I knew that I have to play with alcohol inks again!

The color mix from the dress truly shows depth and textures! I was totally inspired (can you tell?)! After inking up some blotches of alcohol ink, I managed to mimic the colors and effect. From there, I added the flowers and layered them to show some depth and interest. Hope you like it!
make a wish
Supplies: Fresh Squeezed Stamps (sentiment from Everyday Expressions ), diecut flowers from Simon Says Stamps, sequins, Sail Boat Blue, Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange (Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks Adirondack Ranger)

Since I mentioned depth and textures, I thought of the masterpiece from French Impressionist Claude Monet. I dig out our old Musee d' Orsay visit in 2008 and I thought it might be a good idea to share the photos.

 (photo credit: Dr. John)
 You can see more of Monet's awe-inspiring work here.  And of course, check out my DT mates inspiring projects for this challenge (see here).  
You. will. be. inspired!
Guest designer: Teri Anderson  (wow!)
  ~ Jennifer~ Laura~ Nina ~ Pamela ~Tasnim~Wida (on break)

I can't wait to see your take on this! Thanks for stopping by!

40 comments:

Tasnim said...

like it? Love it!!! I knew you would use alcohol inks :) and the result is PERFECT. Ah.. those inky splotches are just too awesome! Love the flower and how you created a shadow for them as well!

Katie said...

You totally rocked this one, Virginia. WOW.

BeverlyBL said...

Wow! Your background is terrific. I love your card. This was a great runway pick.

Laura B. said...

You always do beautiful things with alcohol inks!! So pretty!

Kelly Griglione said...

The Musee D'Orsay is my absolute favorite art museum! Monet is a great inspiration for your alcohol ink masterpieces too. Love your flower and sentiment in white!

Barb Ghig said...

I really LOVE your take on the inspiration photo, Virginia! Only "You" could get those alcohol inks to work such magic on your card...WOW!!!
Thanks for the photos, too...so beautiful and so inspiring, too!

Dawn Turley said...

what a delight Virginia. The colours look amazing and the layered flowers are a great touch.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I likey a lot--a perfect take on the photo! You always work magic with those alcohol inks!

Lynn said...

You rock the alcohol inks my friend! The colors are amazing!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wow! Love the bg!

Petti said...

Very lovely card!

Nonni said...

This is stunning! I have some alcohol inks but I haven't tried them yet, I'm a bit unsure how to use them. Your card is really inspiring!

Sheila H said...

Virginia, you are a master of alcohol inks. Your background is perfect. I love the layered die cut flowers.

Sue McRae said...

Love your colourful background!

Trinh said...

This is stunning, Virginia! I love the background you created.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Wow Virginia! Your card is gorgeous! Love the exact colors on the background. TFS

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia a great interpretation of modern Monet! I agree with Laura you are a master with ink! Ready for my private lesson...

Anni said...

Wunderschön!
Anni

conil said...

You're the bomb. This is a FABULOUS take on the Runway Challenge. Love how you incorporated the alcohol inks with the diecut.

Torrie said...

Really beautiful card!

Brenda said...

Absolutely exquisite Virginia!

lenny said...

wooooow! GORGEOUS take on that inspiration photo! Oh my ... FAB!!!

Niki G said...

Woweeeee...sooooo beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

I always get excited when you pull out the alcohol inks, never a disappointment!

Rachel W K said...

this card is blowin' up all over pinterest! it's beautiful!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Pamela said...

This is so amazing <3 The ink splatters are so beautiful and SO perfect!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, Virginia! I LOOOOOOOVE this! SO BEAUTIFUL! Lots of depth and texture! GOOOOOORGEOUS:)

Suzanne said...

This is totally out of this world!!!

Jacqueline said...

Your inspiration is spot on, Virginia, just love it!

madebymamaleh said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Leigh Penner said...

This is stunning, Virginia!

Stempelgedöns said...

Fabulous card! The background is stunning!

Maureen Morton said...

This has to be one of my all-time Virginia favorites! It maybe should be in the Muse D'Orsay (I was there years ago, before it moved and loved it!). Great demo! Amazing again!

Leni said...

Your card goes so very well with the dress! It is amazing!!!!

Donna Bowman said...

Gorgeous!! Love the background!!

Rose said...

stunning card :)

Nora N. said...

This card is a piece of art in itself. It is STUNNING!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, Virginia - LOVE it - beautifully done :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wow, this is a total masterpeice! I love your inspiration and your technique.

Cindy C. said...

Wow fabulous take from the runway photo, love the colours and textures Virginia!