Sunday, September 22, 2013

Guest Design @ Little Tangles

Hello! I am honored to be the guest designer over Little Tangles today! With the color combo (yellow, grey and pink, details here), I came up with a tutorial to share with you! Back by demand, I did the project with vellum and alcohol inks! I am also entering this project to Color Media challenge over Moxie Fab World.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tutorial 1  
Step 1:
~ Gather supplies-clear/white vellum paper, Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution, Adirondack Alcohol Inks ( Pink Sherbet, Sunshine Yellow)
~ Use Alcohol Applicator with felt. Here I used regular brown felt for the alcohol inks as it works . AND it saves money!
~ You can control the color intensity by adding more/less inks and alcohol solution. Experimenting with the alcohol inks is part of the fun!tutorial 2
Step 2:
~You can either dab or swipe the inks to create textured look that you want.
~ After it dries, you can stamp or emboss
~I cut out the embossed images and tried out the designs tutorial 3
Step 3:
~ Make book marks with the fun sentiment
~ See how I used the die cut for creating edges (see top left)? You can make good use of your existing die cut.
 ~Color part of the sentiment
~Use Liquid Pearl Accents to add details on the muffin tops tutorial 31 t
~Add Stickles for the extra sparkle love your muffin top
~ With the extra cupcake images, I made a card. Combining Washi tape, buttons and sequins, this card was quick to put together!

And then you will have created a card 052
and a few fun book marks!
love your muffin top
 I truly hope that you pick up a few tips and ideas about alcohol inks through this simple tutorial. It really IS easy! The hardest part is to jump into it since it will require you to make that little "investment" to get the alcohol inks, ink applicator, glossy paper and blending solution  (use those coupons!!). Once you have the supplies, you'll just have to play and experiment.
Edited: Jennifer McGuire has the most excellent two part videos about the alcohol inks (see here)

 Thanks, Ren-Yi over Little Tangles, for having me as the guest designer today! It is such a pleasure to share my work with you at Little Tangles!
I would love it if you can stop by Little Tangles
Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

Sheila H said...

These cards are so cute! Maybe you'll talk me into trying alcohol inks one day, Virginia :). Your tutorial is very clear and concise. I love how you used Liquid Pearls on the tops. I especially like the bookmarks since I don't have an e-reader!

Jackie said...

Your card and tags look so YUMMY Virginia. Love this technique. I created a birthday card for my daughter back in June that included a similar technique. I used Copics instead on vellum which are alcohol based too. I tend to spill the bottled alcohol inks all over the place. I'm a messy crafter so the Copics work better for me! LOL! Great tutorial!

Annette Allen said...

wow you are amazing these are so adorable.. thanks for the little tutorial on alcohol inks.. those really are so fun.. I might have to give them a try again one day.. thanks for the inspiration...

Cindy C. said...

Aren't these the yummiest, most delightful cupcakes ever?!! Thanks for the tutorial Virginia!!

Barb said...

Yay!! Awesome tutorial, V! LOVE those adorable bookmarks - the pink and yellow look so pretty together! Thanks for your wonderful tips! The card is as cute as can be too! Fab post!

Tracey McNeely said...

You and alcohol inks are a match made in heaven my friend. Gorgeous creations and congrats on being Guest Designer!

donna mikasa said...

I wouldn't expect anything but a concise tutorial from you, and you haven't disappointed! I love the marbleized effect and your projects are just adorable! Now I wanna get inky with alcohol inks...

Nonni said...

Fabulous project! Thank you for the tutorial.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Great tutorial Virginia! Love all the different effects and the cute resulting cards and bookmarks!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Lots of inky fun! Thanks for the tutorial!

Robin K. said...

Great tutorial Virginia- makes me want to give those alcohol inks a try! Your bookmarks are soooooo cute! Love the sweet card too!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Awesome tutorial!!

Nat said...

love your tutorial, these are totally sweet muffins :) !!!!

Dawn Turley said...

Beautifully done Virginia. Great tutorial. Your colours are fabulous and the inks on the vellum are just awesome.

Niki G said...

So awesome and cute!

Deirdre said...

So fun Virginia - love what you created.

Linda R said...

These are so sweet.. Thanks so much for showing us how you made them.

Hugs~

Juliana Michaels said...

What a sweet technique!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Thank You!
This is priceless!
Wonderful Tutorial Virginia!
I've got to give it a go!
Your cards are so beautiful and adorable ;)

Maureen Morton said...

Great lesson, dear friend! I have the inks, now I am not so afraid of them. You know vellum has always made me very squeamish.....I just have to jump in. This will be a good reference. And, I love my Muffin Top, too. Hugs!

C Wu said...

awesome tutorial, Virginia! The ink looks so pretty and artsy!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a cool technique....love these tags and the sentiment. Too funny!

Laura B. said...

Finally getting a chance to enjoy this long awaited tutorial!! This is sooooo cool! I love the embossing and liquid pearls over top! What a fabulous tutorial! Thanks for doing it!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Yum, yum, yum and so stinking adorable! I love the tutorial!

Joni nina Andaya said...

So Fabulous Virginia! Your tutorial ROCK!!!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lagene said...

Super effect! Thanks for the tutorial!