Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meet Virginia!!

 It's TIME for a fun post! Please feel free to crank up the song "Meet Virginia". I got this idea from my blog friend Katie Ann B.! Katie told me that she often thinks of this song when she visits my blog! How sweet is that!? Thank you, Katie!
One of the fun things I did while traveling to San Francisco and Los Angeles was to meet a few blog friends. I had known these talented stamping friends for a few years now and was able to finally meet them in person.Meet Virginia
 First, I met up with my long time friend Maureen Morton (near SF). Maureen (a Moxie Fabber herself) has always been so kind and generous with her support and comments. Her sweet style in card-making delights me in many ways! We had a scrumptious lunch together at Scala's Bistro which was not far from our hotel. Her hubby Gary was gentle and sweet! My kids took the photos for us and enjoyed our chattering over lunch! It was a lovely time to remember! 574
Then a few days later, I got to meet the card-making super star Alice Wertz! Yeah, Alice...I know about Alice since 2009 (when I first started with the Hero Arts Flickr Group). Alice had wowed me time and time again with her super creative designs and impeccable copic-coloring...yeah...THAT Alice is just as sweet as I imagine her to be. Our spouses chatted a great deal as if they knew each other for a long time! So glad that we had a good time despite the super long walk we did at the Ferry Building. We ended up going to Chinatown and had a very late lunch together! 5 hours went by so very quickly!

 And if you think that was it...? Well, it's not over! After the San Francisco trip, we spent a few days in the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa right in Disneyland. And that's where I met up two stamping/blog friends Ivy and Tiffany
 I know both of them through Hero Arts Flickr Group since 2008! We had a yummy lunch at the Storyteller's Cafe. We had lots of laughs and sharing!  We did some Mom talk and shared some parenting tips about boys! Later that afternoon, I also met Tiffany's sweet little boy Christopher!

I miss Tiffany's infectious laughter and the smiles from Chris! I have met so many crafty friends over the years and it has always been fun to meet them in person. It's something I don't think I will get tired of! I can't wait for the next time! Well, this post definitely is kind of like....."Meet Virginia!!". Thanks so much for stopping by!

34 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm waiting for you in Vancouver!!!!!! What an awesome post and to be able to meet up with some blog friends!

Barb said...

LOVE this post, V! You lucky girl!! I would LOVE to meet each of these fabulous, crafty ladies! Hope you gave them all hugs from me! :) Awesome photos!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How fun to meet so many Flickr friends, Virginia! Love all the photos!!

Lynn said...

I'm with Barb! Lucky Girl! How awesome to meet blogging friends!

Lin said...

Oh, I've been waiting for this post!! SO pleased to see these lovely ladies, and so jealous of you, V!! What wonderful memories you've made!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

How exciting! When is Ohio on your map? hehehe!

Sheila H said...

I know you had a marvelous time with your blogger friends, Virginia. You've got some nice pictures to scrap and journal about :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

So glad you got to meet these lovely girls! How fun!

Maureen Morton said...

What a huge pleasure, for sure! A special day in my book. Gals, Virginia is just as dear, funny and insightful in real time as she is here. And, needless to say - Dr. John and the kids are especially charming! Thanks for making the effort, Virginia and family! Warms my heart.

Rose said...

what a FUN time you all had :)

Judy1223 said...

I wish I knew where they all lived before i went to California on our vacation in July...i would have LOVED to meet them all! So glad you did! (By the way, if you ever come to the Philadelphia area, let me know...I'd love to meet you, too!!!!)

Alice Wertz said...

it sure didn't feel like 5 hours! hubby was hoping that we could have chatted more. he is the talkative one! =) it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your sweet family. i hope this is not the only time! thanks so much for making the time to meet us and for sharing this wonderful post, V!!! love ya! =)

Tiffany said...

So glad you got to meet up with Alice and Maureen as well! It was so nice to meet you and your perfect family!! I hope you left California with many treasured memories and fun filled days. So sorry about the heat wave. I hope you all have rested and recovered from it! We will see each other again, someday! Sweet hugs!!

Heather Maria said...

Wonderful post, Virginia! It sounds like you had a brilliant holiday and how fun that you got to meet Maureen, Alice, Tiffany, Christopher and Ivy! Thanks for sharing:)

Dawn Turley said...

What fun Virginia. It is awesome to met up with friends from Flickr. Maybe one day you might come to NZ or I might make it to Canada.

aaga said...

You're so lucky, Virginia! I hope you'll come back to Europe some day. :-)

~amy~ said...

Such a FUN post...so much fun meeting up with bloggie friends!

Katie Gehring said...

What fun, Virginia! Thanks for taking us along in your adventures! :)

Michelle said...

How wonderful, Virginia! It's always so lovely to meet our online friends in real life, and to discover that we REALLY do like each other. :-) On that note, I am awaiting a visit from you to Australia. Can't wait for you to arrive. ;-)

Cindy C. said...

What a fun post Virginia! You all look so happy, and I can only imagine what lovely "meetings" you've had!! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love all these wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing, Virginia! How fun to get to meet some long time blog friends. I bet you all had the best time! Oh and by the way, I love Train and their "Meet Virginia" song too. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia I am always love posts where you share photos like this. So fabulous to meet to many great crafty ladies. Happy weekend.

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh how fun! I hope to be featured in one of these posts someday!

Laura Norris said...

What fun!! So glad you were able to meet some flickr friends and enjoy some time with them.

fun stamping said...

FUN!!! If you ever come to NJ/NYC we should meet too and we even could chat in German!

Nancy K said...

I loved seeing these photos of happy meetings, Virginia! I must give you a prize for the most meetings with interweb friends! I'm so sorry I missed out on our "re-meet"! I hope our paths cross again soon. hugs!

Barb Ghig said...

How fun that you got to meet all these great crafty friends! Looks like you and your family had a really wonderful vacation...I'm so happy for you, Virginia!

Petti said...

How fun to meet other craft friends!

donna mikasa said...

Blogging friends are the best! You were all so lucky to meet up and I can't wait for the day when the Lu family comes to Hawaii! Fingers crossed that it will be soon! Thank you for sharing your fab photos!

Helen F. said...

Oh Virginia, this post is so fun and fabulous. I would so love to meet you and all of my blogland friends some day :) The photos are all beautiful memories!

jintyoo7 said...

So wonderful to read about your latest "travel exploits", and see the gorgeous photographs. I think it is time that HA made you their official "ambassador", you and Dr John :D

ivy said...

thank you for taking the time during your California vacay to meet up with us in the OC!! how wonderful to have gotten to meet Maureen & alice too! it was wonderfule to meet you & your family! you have great kiddos! thanks for sharing these photos!

Helen Liu said...

Hi Virginia, I was in San Francisco for almost two weeks during mid Aug! When were you there? It would be too great if I could meet you, one of my role models! I can't believe Dr. John is so patience to accompany you meeting your stamping friends! Ha! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I thought I commented on this but it turns out my brain is....well, missing! Where did it go? Anyway, love all the pics and your fun travel stories. I want to meet all of you lovely ladies! Thanks for the shout out too! :) HUGS!