Sunday, September 29, 2013

The World of Color (and a card with paint chip)!

If you are in the mood for seeing COLORS, this post is for YOU
Today I am sharing some cool videos that my son David took during our visit in Disneyland, California. World of Colors is a 25-minute nighttime spectacular that weaves water, color, fire and light into a kaleidoscope of imagination. With Disney music in the background, you can see water form fanciful images and the characters come to life on a veil of mist. Previously I had shared it in my home video. If you didn't see World of Colors, here it is again.
Through our dining package, we got a great spot at front and center and were completely mesmerized by the sights and sounds!  See what I mean? Here's another one...
Get the picture?

After the trip from California, I came home and missed my card-making...then I went on a creative overdrive. I made 8 cards with paint chips! Basically I used up all the paint swatches that I collected
and turned them into cards.
choose joy 
What can I say? Who knew that playing with paint chips could be so fun and ...liberating!? I just forgot about the design rules and played just how I liked it. The green and orange paint chips are perfect for each other! I die cut the butterflies and fit the large/small butterflies like a puzzle. The sentiment is from Fresh Squeezed Stamps (Everyday Expressions). Thanks so much for stopping by!
Now have yourself a beautiful and colorful day!

19 comments:

paula laird said...

What a wonderful explosion of colour. I really enjoyed it. Your card is so pretty. Love that you used paint chips.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Another great paint chip card! Who knew they could look so good!

Greta said...

What a neat card, Virginia! Think I need to use the paint chips I've had stashed for years. Your water show video brings back memories as I went to college very close to Anaheim & loved the show which was something we poor college kids could do for free.

Barb said...

Virginia, that card is so, so pretty! I love the block design and beautiful colors! Your layered butterfly looks amazing too!

Love the videos! Brought back wonderful memories of when we took the kids to Disney World in Florida - they have a very similar show called, "Fantsmic" and it was everyone's favorite! We were amazed how the water acted like a movie screen - so cool! Thanks for sharing! ♥

Angie Tieman said...

Super cool card! Love how you used the paint chips!

Dawn Turley said...

Great card Virginia. Love how you've used all your paint samples.

Sheila H said...

Love your paint chip color blocks! The butterflies are so pretty with their bling.

Linda R said...

I really love the way you used these Paint chips.. So Smart and beautiful.

Hugs~

Annette Allen said...

now that is just so awesome.. great idea.. love it

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia you have been rocking the paint chips lately.

Jennifer said...

World of Color is awesome and so is your card! Very cool, love the smooth look the paint chips have.

conil said...

Who knew Home Depot was an art store...I still haven't used my paint chips but today you've inspired me to get at it. This card is really spectacular...the colors are awesome (of course) and the design is unique and easy on the eyes.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Virginia! I love this color combo and your butterflies are so charming! I'm so impressed with all the creative ways you have used your paint chips!

Thank you so much for the video ~ It looks like you all had an amazing time at Disney!

Betty said...

such a fun card - have to get over to the paint store for some paint chips so i can play with them!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love how well this all lines up!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

The card totally screams fun, which is exactly what you had when creating it, I bet! Awesome colour combo Virginia!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Virginia, I think this is my new favorite of your cards! It is OUTSTANDING!! Hugs, Darnell

Maureen Morton said...

Great video -so mesmerizing! And I am loving what you are doing with the chips......right off the old block, eh?! This is so graphic and fun!

Cindy C. said...

How delightful!!