Saturday, October 12, 2013

Alcohol-inked Background

In my last post, I shared a card with alcohol-inked background. Today's card is just another example of using that colorful background. I love it when I have a happy "stamping accidental result"! A while ago, I was experimenting with the alcohol inks and came up with this colorful stripey background that I didn't know what to do. So I set it aside and left it on my craft desk. A few days later, I saw the piles of scraps (partial black butterfly diecut from Penny Black), an idea came....and before you know it, this card was born...
Happiest of Birthdays
I would never have thought of a design like this. But when you have a few odd pieces to put together, it can be a very beautiful thing! I am entering this in Moxie Fab World's Color Media Challenge.

It's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. I will be spending time with my in-laws. It's going to be a little Christmas for me because I am also picking up my Top 5 Gallery Idol prizes there ( kindly brought to me via my brother-in-law who lives in US). Can't. wait!

I am truly thankful for your frequent visits to my blog. My first post reminded me why I have this blog. This 4-year old blog has truly become my way of sharing in stamping/traveling/cooking.
Thanks to YOU, I am still here :)

21 comments:

Laura Jane said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Your blog is always a joy to visit.
THANK YOU for blogging Virginia!
oh and you card came together Famously!

Lynn said...

Virginia, I love the movement you've created on this card. Stunning! And I am so thankful to have found you in blog land!! xoxo

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your happy accident! Enjoy the holiday!

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Virginia! I love how the black butterfly pops against the colorful rainbow background...I sure wish I could have a few 'Happy Accidents' like this with my inking and stamping..this is FAB!

Sending you hugs and best wishes for a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Barb said...

LOVE this fab card, V Those pretty swipes of Alcohol Inks are gorgeous!

So glad you have a blog - each of your posts make me smile! Sending hugs, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you! ♥

Donna Bowman said...

Love the rainbow alcohol inks and the sequins on the butterfly! Beautiful card!!

Annette Allen said...

Happy Thanksgiving.. Hope you are enjoying some awesome Turkey...

This card is amazing.. and how exciting to get your package.. I hope you will share with us pictures..

Sheila H said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Virginia! The black butterfly atop the alcohol ink background is very striking. The bling is lovely. I'm eagerly awaiting your projects to come!

Kelly Griglione said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Virginia! I'm quite THANKFUL to have met you through our blogs! Love the "happy accident" you turned into a wonderful card.

Dawn Turley said...

this is STUNNING Virginia. You are so talented. Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend and enjoy your new goodies.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the boldness of the black butterfly and just the right amount of bling!

lenny said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Beautiful card! Always love how you use alcohol inks and ... sequins!!
Enjoy your new goodies!! Have lots of family and crafty fun!!

conil said...

Lovely card...like the way the butterfly appears to be flying into the rainbow. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your new goodies.

alexandra s.m. said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING my Sweet Friend!
Love your card and hope we'll get to see the pictures of your beautiful week-end of celebration!

donna mikasa said...

FABulous inking and I love the dramatic black from the butterfly! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Nat said...

wishing you a great thanksgiving! fab card too, love the sequences and fun background :)

Sian Ridley said...

...and that it the reason why I like to keep my desk 'creative' as opposed to 'tidy'!! Happy accidents make the best cards, as you have proven here - wonderful!

Deepti said...

I just love the inked background, very beautiful

Joni nina Andaya said...

Love..love this! Amazing cards Virginia :)

Alice Wertz said...

what a beauty! love the color contrast! i am so grateful that you are making cards and blogging! i am really lucky to call you a friend and had the chance to chat with you. and thanks so much for sharing your talent with us all! =)

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)