Thursday, October 3, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog (and a PIE)!

It's my blog day over CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today! A few of you seem to be quite interested in seeing the creative ways of using border stamps from this post. So I decided to give it another go with the stamp set Houndstooth. The sentiment is from Big Thanks.
thanks
For details of this card, please visit CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.
Peach on Earth
For more information about this card, please visit CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and see how I used unconventional stamps to turn it into a holiday-themed card! It may spark some creativity in you!

Lastly, here is a fun photo for you. I decided to stamp the CAS-ual Fridays' sentiment on my apple pie! I know...I am crazy that way (LOL)!

It's too bad that the stamped image did show after baking. Dr. John called it a CIA Pie--message disappeared after baking!

 The Apple Pie was absolutely yummy!

PS: About yesterday's card, the vegetable I used to stamp? It's celery root!
Here is the comment that said it all!
Conil: Think Harriet's right...looks like the bottom of the root end of celery after all the stalks have been chopped off. Whatever it is, it's a great look.
Almost all of you have guessed it right-----> SO SMART!

 Please visit CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (there is a special SALE going on...) and leave me your comments there! Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and comments!

25 comments:

Lynn said...

I love your mix of patterns and colors. The gold is simply amazing.

Kim M said...

Wonderful cards Virginia! It has been too long since I've visited your blog. Bad me! :-). You've been making some wonderful things! Including pie. :-)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the ornament card! The gold is a great touch!

richardbreaks said...

Oooh, I may have to have that houndstooth stamp...You can mae me a pie any day, Virginia! Looks delicious!

Deepti said...

Oh these are so very pretty, I love the bright shiny colors and I love how Dr John interpreted the CIA message lol :)

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous cards and yummy pie.. love your embossing and all that fun sequins...

Barb said...

That pie looks delicious - yum!!

Love your cards too, V! Just saw them over on the CAS-ual Fridays blog and wow! So awesome with the bright, beautiful colors! ♥♥♥

Miriam Prantner said...

CIA pie, too funny. Great cards, too, I especially love those gorgeous ornaments!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic cards and stamping Virginia! I guess now I need to visit so we can go to St. Jacobs and get apples!

Rachel W K said...

oh my gosh the ornaments are amazing. are those the bomb stamps? i love this use for them!

MichelleZ said...

Virginia, you crack me up. You stamped a pie!!! Now THAT's a dedicated stamper!

You may not have been able to see the image on the pie, but the other projects came out beautifully. They make a statement with that gold embossing. Beautiful!

Niki G said...

Oh that gold houndstooth embossing is so fab! Bummer that the message went away, but it looks delish!

Pamela said...

That second card is GORGEOUS!! I love the colors over the embossed ornaments!

conil said...

Firstly, these border stamp cards are the bomb. Gorgeous. Secondly, clever way to decorate a pie, sorry the words melted in but the pie looks scrumptious. Thirdly, thanks for using my comment but Harriet made it first.

Brenda said...

Too funny about the pie Virginia!
Love both your cards, you always seem to combine such nice colours together! I must say that your Xmas card is very special.

Barb Ghig said...

Well, I'm not so smart, because I don't think I've ever looked at the celery root...I cut it and toss it! Very creative, Virginia...you really do find inspiration EVERYWHERE!!!

Now, your pie is the BIG TEASE for me! I love how you stamped your sentiment on it...so FUN! It looks really delish, too! You go, girl!!!

Both of your cards are just amazing! I love the houndstooth border and I'm still shaking my head that you used the chevron bombs to create your ornaments...WOW!!! This is why I enjoy visiting your blog...you keep me thinking :-) Thank you so much for inspiring me, once again!

Barb Ghig said...

By the way...I love Dr. John's CIA comment!

I'll bet stamps would work well on cookies...hmmmmm

Nancy K said...

Only my friend Virginia would think of stamping her pie! I love that you create with abandon because something lovely always happens!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

lol at the pie stamping, too funny! The ornament card is such a stunner!!

Greta said...

Saw these on the CF Blog--great cards, Virginia! You're too funny--stamping the pie!

Sheila H said...

I love how you "stretch your stamps," Virginia! I get such an education when visiting your blog. These cards are fun, colorful and so clever.

Your pie looks delicious :)

alexandra s.m. said...

You're too funny!
Fabulously elegant cards my Friend!
and I love Celery Root BTW, it's a lot more common in France than here...well, not to stamp with them though, that's uniquely YOU! lol

Maureen Morton said...

Great cards - so elegant! - and great grins, too. Love it here, Virginia. Have a great weekend.

hollandgoose said...

Your cards are just beautiful. Would love a tutorial on how u made the ornament card. This is so inspiring.

hollandgoose said...

Your cards are just beautiful. Would love a tutorial on how u made the ornament card. This is so inspiring.